Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Contract Manager working under the operational direction of the Contract Management Europe & Africa function supports the Project teams to resolve contractual and commercial matters during execution of a number of concurrent projects in the Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) region and assists in the management of the various contractual relationships related to the customer, consortium or collaborative partners and vendors.
During OTR Phase:
• Support the project execution start-up, including provision of contract analysis to the project team and preparation of risk mitigation and commercial execution plan.
• Management and administration of assigned project contractual activities throughout complete project execution phase until resolution/settlement of all relevant contractual issues.
• Identification of customer / consortium partner and any third party obligations and the implementation of commercial execution plan including the claim management the concerned projects.
• Ensuring that project filing systems, risk, events and claim registers are established and maintained and that contractual notifications and correspondence are issued correctly and on time.
• Working with project schedulers to ensure that the main contract schedule correctly reflects and cross references contract and project terminology and that subcontract schedules are maintained.
• Supporting the analysis and identification of project risks and opportunities including any potential impediments to, or possibilities to improve cash flow wherever possible.
• Managing change orders and variations, as well as claims to customers, consortium partners, subcontractors and suppliers and the co-ordination of the defence against any claims.
• Leading insurance recoveries, including the compilation of data and evidence in support of the submission, monitoring and settlement of insurance claims.
• Providing guidance and support to the project team on general contractual issues and where necessary referring to specialist functions such as legal, corporate insurance, tax, finance etc.
• Providing guidance, leadership and support to the project team in the negotiation of claims settlements with customers, suppliers and consortium partners and
• Providing support as required to the project and legal teams in the event of actual or potential arbitral or litigation proceedings.
• Undertaking any other contractual/commercial tasks as required.
• Help the continued development of the Contract Management discipline by leading and participating in broader initiatives across the function
During ITO Phase when required in cooperation with legal:
• Support ITO effort in finalising negotiations prior to contract signature
• Advise the ITO negotiating teams on the best approach as to how to deal with such risks including lessons learned from previous or similar projects.
• Technical or legal background with extensive hands-on experience in contract administration in project execution, including EPC projects
• Strong knowledge in FIDIC and NEC contracts is a plus
• Experienced on SSA regional dynamics and industry practice
• Highly ethical and strong mentoring skills on compliance matters
• Site experience preferably on Power EPC or Oil & Gas
• Financial assertiveness.
• People management and development capability.
• Resilient and full conversable with site issues, managing site people and anticipated site needs.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Fluent English and preferably working knowledge in French and/or Portuguese
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
How To Apply
This Job Listing Has Expired
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.