Back End Developer - Digistore AfricaIT Jobs In Ghana 2024
Jobs In Accra 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
iPay is a technology company empowering businesses and individuals in Africa to reach their productive potential by simplifying business management, payments, inventory, and customer management. Our goal is to create technology solutions to everyday challenges that simplify the life of the ordinary African.
Backend Developer Role
As a backend developer in the engineering team, you will be working on the backend of our web applications and other systems. You will be working with other members of a small but highly accomplished engineering team to build scalable highly ‘performant’ and beautiful systems.
Our team is small but highly accomplished. You will work side by side with a tight-knit team of creative problem solvers who’ll value you, allow you to meet high expectations, and who’ll actively create a supportive, nurturing space within which to accelerate your career.
You should be able to translate our company and customer needs into functional and appealing interactive applications.
This is a full-time role based in the iPay’s Office in Accra, Ghana and you’ll report directly to the Director, Technical Products and Systems.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Understand and translate Business Product requirements into functional requirements and guides, and document process flows for development into solutions.
- Able to develop entire architecture, responsive design, user interaction, and user experience.
- Security Conscious. Adopt security by design approach in design and development.
- Create new, dynamic, backends for software products and apps that are dynamic and visually appealing.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Maintain, support, and build upon existing legacy backend systems.
- Collaborate and support existing Mobile App developments and maintenance.
- Collaborate with other developers with coding and troubleshooting when required.
- Collaborate with development teams and product managers to create innovative software solutions.
- Oversee the development of APIs depending on the architecture of the product application.
- Own the full cycle of Application development, from design to deployment.
- Ability to use databases, proxies, APIs, version control systems, and third-party applications/APIs.
- Integrate with third-party services.
- Provide 3rd-level support in troubleshooting and resolving Customer issues.
- Provide 3rd-level support for web applications, services, and integration components, including analysis, tracking, and resolution.
- Take proactive ownership of support tasks and see them through to completion.
- Contribute to the design of software systems by bringing in fresh thinking and offering constructive feedback.
- Participate fully in team planning and work with colleagues to continuously improve the team’s performance.
- Document and Share systems and domain knowledge to eliminate single points of failure.
- Keeping up with the latest advancements in programming languages and server apps.
- Any other responsibility that may be assigned to you by your line manager.
You are a perfect fit for this role if have:
- 5+ years of working experience in Web Applications and API development
- Familiarity with SPAs (Single Page Applications)
- Experience in these backend scripting languages: Node.js, Express.js, Golang, Python, or PHP (Slim, Laravel, Symfony Framework).
- Proficient understanding of Databases, Frameworks, Design, Algorithms, etc.
- Proficient in developing and using microservices.
- Understanding of key server principles and configurations
- Experience on how to work with APIs (Application Programming Interface)
- Experience with Version Control Systems: GitHub and Git
- Knowledgeable in using Google Kubernetes and Docker engines for containerizing applications.
- Have experience with RabbitMQ and/or Kafka.
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development, and deployment)
- Excellent problem-solving, Analytical, Resource Management, and multitasking skills.
- Adaptability to Emerging Technologies and Tools.
- Zeal to Learn and Improve.
- Unquenchable thirst for growth. You're not just looking for the next interesting challenge but looking to push yourself to keep pace in our hyper-growth environment.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.