Underground Fixed Plant Mechanical Technician - Newmont Mining CorporationEngineering Jobs In Ghana 2024
Jobs In Brong Ahafo Region 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Founded in 1921 and publicly traded since 1925, Newmont ( www.newmont.com ) is one of the largest gold companies in the world. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, the company has approximately 24,000 employees and contractors, with the majority working at Newmont’s core operations in the United States, Australia, Ghana, Peru and Suriname.
Newmont is the only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index and in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry-leading performance is reflected through high standards in environmental management, health and safety for its employees and creating value and opportunity for host communities and shareholders.
About This Role
- To conduct mechanical maintenance activities for the underground mine with the aims of ensuring equipment is maintained in a fit for purpose and safe condition, delivering optimum plant and equipment availability, minimizing unplanned maintenance tasks and reducing maintenance costs.
In This Role You Will
General Mechanical Maintenance duties
- Actively participate in mechanical maintenance activities to ensure the provision of maintenance services that meet the business requirements of the underground mine.
- Perform servicing, maintenance and repair on all mechanical plant and equipment, in line with approved maintenance standards to achieve the required plant and equipment availability.
- Communicate with maintenance, operational and planning personnel to identify, plan, estimate and organise the proper labor, services, equipment and skills to ensure they are available as required.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Communicate with the Supervisor and Maintenance Planning to ensure that all the necessary maintenance parts, materials and supplies are available to maintain the underground mine and associated facilities.
- Work within strict quality standards and tolerance measures to support the maintenance function in terms of quality assurance.
- Assist with the development and review of the maintenance standard task procedures (STPs).
- Participate in continuous improvement programs which will assist in enhancing the performance of the mine.
- Assist with the coordination and execution of procedural and operational projects and changes within the underground mine infrastructure areas by following the change management procedure.
- Assist with the review and approval all structural, mechanical, plate work and piping drawings and make recommendations and modifications based on technical standards and procedures.
- Work in conjunction with the maintenance and planning teams to determine mechanical maintenance backlogs and assist with equipment shutdown planning.
- Assist with the efficient management of spare parts, materials and consumables.
- Comply with the requirements for the proper use, storage and maintenance of company tooling.
- Maintain a high housekeeping standard in the maintenance work areas of underground mine infrastructure.
- Manage and control costs within maintenance areas, where possible (i.e. reduce waste, improve operational control).
- Participate in training and development programmes as required.
- Other tasks or duties within the individual's skill set as directed by the Supervisor, underground mine maintenance management or senior mine officials.
Mechanical Maintenance Management
- Perform mechanical maintenance activities such as the installation, commissioning, maintenance, repair, inspection and decommissioning of plant and equipment in the underground mine and associated infrastructure in conjunction with the maintenance team.
- Conduct troubleshooting of all relevant mechanical systems, ensuring there effective repair and reliable operation.
- Execute on all practical and technical work relevant to mechanical fitting to ensure it is completed in a safe, timely and efficient manner.
- Work with operations and maintenance personnel to efficiently rectify plant and equipment breakdowns.
- Provide technical support and expert advice as required for work being conducted on any of the underground mine infrastructure ensuring safe work practices are followed.
- Assist the maintenance team, other departments and business partner personnel to resolve issues that will hinder the delivery of reliable and stable services to the underground mine that comply with the technical requirements of the business.
- Perform inspections on equipment and maintenance activities to ensure the implementation and maintenance is as designed and by OEM and statutory requirements.
- Provide input into failure analysis studies as required.
Health and Safety Management
- Assist with the adherence of mechanical maintenance to all H&S, Environment and Social Responsibility requirements under Newmont’s Integrated Management System, Newmont vision and values.
- Assist with the compliance of all mechanical apparatus, installations and related work to the requirements of the Mineral and Mining (Health, Safety and Technical) Regulation, LI 2182.
- Assist with the implementation of applicable health and safety regulations and compliance programs.
- Accept responsibility for one’s health and safety.
- Attend periodic safety meetings, inspections and audits.
- Support and conduct risk assessments for tasks and provide expert advice on the safe operation and maintenance of mechanical infrastructure.
- Actively promote safety in the workplace both within and external to the mechanical maintenance team.
Communication and Information management
- Comply with the requirements for the responsible management of all documentation.
- Complete maintenance reports as required and distribute to the relevant personnel and mine officials.
- Attend shift handover and other meetings with the maintenance team and other departments and personnel as required ensuring that the appropriate information is gathered or disseminated.
- Participate in the development of asset management strategies for mechanical apparatus and installations.
- Make recommendations to the Supervisor and other maintenance team members on areas of improvement.
- Facilitate communication for operations and outside departments relating to maintenance activities for equipment associated with the underground mine.
- Interface with operations, maintenance, planning and management to ensure the effective and efficient rectification of breakdowns.
- Communicate all relevant mechanical maintenance requirements to the Supervisor and other relevant personnel.
- Enhance communication with staff through regular feedback, contact, reports, meetings and briefings, etc.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Mechanical Fitter, Welder, Boilermaker trade qualification or equivalent is required as a minimum.
- Post-trade qualifications in a relevant field are highly desirable.
- Inspecting or Sectional Engineer Certificate of Competency / MINCOM Certification is highly desirable.
- Should Mincom certification not be available then there must be a commitment to obtaining inspecting engineer certification in a reasonable timeframe.
- Demonstrable knowledge of mining or heavy industry maintenance practices, principles and standards.
- Knowledge of industrial work management processes.
- Knowledge of defect elimination methodologies and their interpretation.
- Knowledge of alignment principles and techniques is highly desirable.
- Working knowledge of pumps and piping systems is highly desirable.
- Demonstrable knowledge of basic measurements and calculations.
- Working knowledge of CMMS programs is desirable.
- Knowledge of planning and scheduling maintenance activities.
- Knowledge of the statutory regulations relevant to safety and the environment for the mining industry.
- Minimum of 4 years working experience in the field of mechanical maintenance.
- Proven experience with the installation, commissioning, maintenance, servicing, inspection and repair of mechanical apparatus and installations in a large-scale mining or heavy industry operation.
- Experience with the operation and maintenance of belt conveyors is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of and experience with the operation and maintenance of hydraulic systems is highly desirable.
- Underground mining experience is highly desirable.
- Ability to safely use hand and power tools.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computer literacy skills – MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), CMMS/ERP and MS Project.
- Possess good planning and organising skills.
- Possess good time management and task prioritisation skills.
- Be experienced with document management.
- Quality management skills.
- Demonstrate good report-writing skills.
- Willingness and ability to learn new skills.
- Ability to provide management and support staff with clear and detailed information.
- Ability to use maintenance planning tools (i.e. SAP).
- Ability to interpret structural, mechanical, plate work and piping engineering drawings, standards, specification and manuals.
- Strong decision-making skills.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.