Programme Officer - SightsaversNGO Jobs In Ghana 2024
Jobs In Accra 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The European Commission (EC) Civil Society Capacity Building programme seeks to strengthen civil society organisations (CSOs) governance, accountability, and engagement in public affairs. The Programme Officer will hold overall responsibility and accountability for the delivery of the EC Civil Society Capacity Building programme including overseeing its design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation and coordinating the activities of the implementation partners.
- Programme delivery; supporting the Senior Programme Manager through managing all aspects of the programme lifecycle with the implementation partners, from planning through to closeout. Implementing the partner's activities in line with the programme guidelines and donor requirements.
- Monitoring, evaluation and learning; ensuring ethical use of MEL approaches within an adaptive framework to include learning logs, actioning learning groups, using data collection tools and analysis and dissemination of performance data, for example.
- Identifying suitable partnerships for Sightsavers to work with and advocate for women with disabilities in civil society to receive equal rights and opportunities in said society. Capacity building to ensure that civil society organisations (CSOs) can sustain their approach beyond the remit of the programme.
- Building relationships with women’s rights organisations to secure secondments with the implementation partners and grow a sustainable pipeline of civil society organisations.
- Finance and resource management; through support in budget preparation, tracking and forecasting. Supporting partners to prepare budgets and forecasts, monitoring expenditures, offering technical assistance and timely submission of partner financial reports.
- Information & Communication Management; Provide high-quality information to support relevant fundraising activities, sharing relevant information with internal stakeholders to meet donor reporting requirements.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
This is a varied and involved role and the above is not an exhaustive list of duties or required professional skills. Please see the Job Description for full details.
Skills and Experience
- Proven work experience within disability inclusion, gender and or women’s rights projects
- An advocate for women’s rights within civil society entities, ideally as a Programme Officer
- A track record working with civil society organisations to support the successful implementation of programmes that enhance and sustain opportunities for women with disabilities.
- Familiarity with national legislation and policies in the field of disability, gender, human rights and climate change.
- Significant experience implementing programmes, ideally within the disability sector and gender
- First-class communication skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Current and ongoing right to work in Ghana.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.