Head of Underwriting - Donewell Insurance LimitedInsurance Jobs In Ghana 2024
Jobs In Accra 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Donewell Insurance Limited is seeking to recruit a Head of Underwriting.
Support underwriters to review applications, establish appropriate screening protocols and develop new methodologies and models to assess the risk Donewell Insurance assumes in transacting business with clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and manage the underwriting Department
- Manage the underwriting process by analyzing risk presented in line with the company's policies and risk appetite
- Implement underwriting strategies and operational policies for various product lines
- Ensure pre-loss surveys are conducted, regarding the limits agreed upon by the company
- Assist branches and business units in preparation of competitive quotations and determine appropriate premiums and coverage
- Oversee the review and approval process for decisions and recommendations related to complex risks
- Define and establish procedures for application, risk acceptance or rejection, renewal and endorsements
- Develop the underwriting team through periodic training, coaching and mentorship programmes
- Ensure the department goals are achieved by developing and maintaining a profitable business
- Articulate and implement robust risk management and governance around underwriting
- Establish the platform to forecast risk and liability through reserving for decision-making
- Submit periodic reports on the performance of various lines of business
- Develop and implement best practices by adhering to guidelines from the regulator
- Advice management on emerging trends in underwriting for effective decision-making
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Qualification Required & Experience
- A good first degree in insurance/mathematics/statistics, Business Administration, Finance or Economics
- Must have a professional certification from an insurance body (ACIL, ACIIG)
- Must have worked in a similar role for a minimum of 10 years
Location: Accra« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.