VCentre & Cloud System Admin - Vodafone GhanaIT Jobs In Ghana 2024
Jobs In Ghana 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Responsible for the Microsoft Infrastructure Platform including the physical, VCentre and Cloud systems by performing the following;
- Control of the Windows systems on a day-to-day basis
- Manage and maintain the VMware infrastructure
- Build and install computer infrastructure
- Configure the servers
- Perform System Administration
- Perform Backup & Recovery
- Provide Technical Support
- Conduct Testing and Deployment of new components
- Patch servers to fix vulnerabilities
- Ensure all servers meet the agreed cyber security baseline (CSB) requirements
Key Accountabilities and Decision Ownership
- Installation, upgrade and maintenance of all Windows operating systems, services and 3rd party products
- Install hardware and software upgrades according to established specifications.
- Performs performance monitoring, and regular backup and ensures others comply with backup procedures.
- Adds and deletes users, user directories, passwords and applications as needed.
- Executes recovery procedures according to established guidelines.
- Analyses and resolves problems on a local level in an accurate and timely manner; escalates problems to appropriate personnel.
- Answers call from local administrators and/or users promptly.
- Schedules and/or performs maintenance on components as needed.
- Implement security policies and administer security rules.
- Provide system accounting reports for CPU usage, disk, and IO.
- Carry out Windows-based projects from installation, and implementation through to completion of project and making it a production system.
- Implement monitoring tools.
- Provide system documentation and operational procedure book
- Knowledgeable of spam filtering and antivirus appliances or software and spyware controls.
Administration and monitoring of Active Directory and serves as a Domain Administrator.
Research problems, resolve issues, provide root cause analysis, document findings, and takes corrective action as required
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Core Competencies, Knowledge and Experience
- Exceptional track record in the configuration, and management of Microsoft Infrastructure Platform including the physical, VCentre and Cloud systems
- Hardening and patching of Windows operating systems
- Understanding and proven capability of working within an environment of rapid operational and cultural change
- Must have a working knowledge of virtualization and cloud computing
- Strong problem-diagnosing and troubleshooting skills.
- Support greater use of automation of all key activities
Must have Technical and Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, Diploma in information systems,
- MCITP, MCSE or related field preferred
- 4 or more years of Microsoft administration
- 2+ years’ experience with Antivirus administration and Support
- 2+ years’ experience with Virtual Servers, VMWARE, Windows Terminal Server Management and Security and Server Configuration
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.