Senior Software Engineer - Dondo.aiIT Jobs In Ghana 2024
Jobs In Accra 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Dondo.ai is a visionary project aimed at onboarding the next billion internet users in their native language, focusing on Sub-Saharan Africa. Our initial launch will feature the Akan language, with plans to expand to other indigenous languages of the region. Our 2023 research agenda, with a particular emphasis on African womxn, seeks to explore how language technology can assist Africans in earning money, accessing critical services, and finding enjoyment and spiritual enlightenment.
We are seeking a talented Lead Software Engineer, proficient in Ruby on Rails and React, to develop a transformative survey platform on WhatsApp. This role is critical for creating an inclusive digital space for Ghanaians, allowing them to share their experiences with English literacy barriers in the digital age.
- Strong experience in Ruby on Rails, or other high-level languages like PHP, C++, etc.
- Proficiency in test-driven development.
- Skilled in API integrations and development, especially with WhatsApp.
- Familiarity with deploying using Twilio is advantageous.
- A minimum of 2 years of industry experience.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Passion for internet accessibility and Ghanaian culture.
- Eagerness to work in a transformative, startup environment.
- Excellent communication skills, catering to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong collaboration and independent project management skills.
Key Project Milestones:
- Referral Infrastructure: Deployment of the multimedia survey and referral platform on WhatsApp.
- Survey Infrastructure: Develop a bilingual survey (English and indigenous languages) accessible via WhatsApp, including voice functionality and third-party integrations.
- Incentives Infrastructure: Integration of MTN Mobile Money Payment for participant compensation.
- Analysis Infrastructure: Development of backend infrastructure for transcription, coding responses, and projecting analytics on a dashboard for data analysts.
- Conduct testing and iterations for each project phase, working closely with a UX designer for user feedback.
What We Offer:
- A competitive salary within the range of 4000 to 5000 GHC per month.
- An opportunity to develop a project with significant social impact.
- A dynamic and supportive work environment.
- Potential for role extension and career growth based on performance and funding availability.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.