Finance Officer - BRAC Ghana Savings & LoansFinance Jobs In Ghana 2024
Jobs In Accra 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Finance Officer will support financial bookkeeping, reconciliations, analysing of all financial activities, ensuring compliance with accounting and legal requirements, and budget preparations.
- Assist in maintaining and reviewing financial records.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with accounting and tax laws.
- Analyse financial data to support business decision making.
- Support in managing business accounts and preparing financial statements.
- Manage and account for office petty cash.
- Support month-end and year-end close processes.
- Prepare accounting vouchers and process payments.
- Reconcile banking transactions and prepare monthly bank reconciliation statements.
- Reconcile accounts payable and receivable.
- Ensures timely bank payments, while leading correspondences to resolve all related issues.
- Reinforces financial data confidentiality and conducts database backups when necessary.
- Computes taxes and prepares tax returns while ensuring compliance with financial policies and regulations.
- Assists in processing payment requests and maintaining project financial transactions in accordance with the organisation’s financial requirements.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Prepare various schedules and key daily, weekly and vouchers in the Company’s accounting system.
- Maintain customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Required Skills or Experience
EXPERIENCE (Including sector/industry):
- A minimum of first degree or its equivalent in Accounting/Finance or similar disciplines
- A minimum of three years post-qualification experience in Accounting/Finance in the financial services industry.
- Proficient in the use of MS 365 Office, BoG ORASS and T24 softwares
- An advanced user of MS excel will be an added advantage.
KNOWLEDGE , SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Knowledge and competency in accounting principles.
- Proficiency in management systems.
- Outstanding communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal abilities.
- Good team player with excellent leadership traits.
- Proficiency in MS Excel and other accounting softwares.
- Planning and organization skills.
- High degree of professionalism, maturity and confidentiality.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Well-organized and able to act professionally and ethically;
- Capability and willingness to take responsibility
- Highly developed sense of integrity, reliability and accuracy
- Willingness to work under pressure.
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION:
- Degree Concentration / Major
- Degree in Accounting/Banking and Finance/Related Disciplines Accounting
PROFESSIONAL DEGREE / CERTIFICATION
Professional Certificate/Postgraduate Degree in Accounting/Finance will be an added advantage
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.