Health Financing Officer - World Health OrganizationFinance Jobs In Ghana 2024
Jobs In Accra 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The vision of the Ghana health financing strategy is moving towards universal health coverage. The vision is comprehensive including all types of public and private financing. It balances revenue increases and improved expenditure management including efficiency by expanding access to quality service delivery sustainably. Healthcare financing is at the heart of Ghana’s health sector governance.
It involves a process by which funds are mobilized from primary (households and firms) and secondary sources (Government and donors). These funds are accumulated in fund pools (health fund and National Health Insurance Fund) and are used to purchase services and products that promote, maintain and restore health.
Achieving the health system goals of improving health outcomes, providing financial risk protection and increasing system responsiveness requires direct contributions from health financing and clear relationships to other health system functions. The distribution pattern of health workers is skewed in favour of the more affluent regions, most of which are in the southern half of the country.
The highly skilled professionals like medical doctors and specialized personnel (nurses, pharmacists, allied health professionals, etc) are concentrated in the Greater Accra region, as well as in Korle Bu and Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospitals.The other greatest challenge in Ghana relates to the absence of a comprehensive and accurate database on the health workforce, particularly about numbers, distribution, historical trends, and attrition.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Description Of Duties
- Formulation and implementation of policies on good governance for transparency, accountability and inclusiveness
- Pursuing equity in health financing with special emphases on; risk pooling by targeting resources to services for the poor, and vulnerable groups, and public health interventions to reduce catastrophic costs of care
- Implementation of practices for high-quality health care service delivery
- Innovation in resource mobilization
- Advocacy for the promotion of financial risk protection and equity with special focus on the poor and vulnerable
- Promotion of performance-based service delivery which translates into high value for money. Human resources for health roles;
- Technical support for development, implementation and M&E of the National HRH Policy and Strategy in the context of global/regional Human Resource for Health priorities and/or strategies
- Technical assistance in the development and implementation of effective HRH management practices for recruitment, deployment, and retention, including management of migration, and health security
- Fostering the national education system for the production of all types of health workers, with appropriate skills and competencies to deliver an integrated package of essential health services; Technical assistance for strengthening the national HRH information system including national health workforce observatory and national health workforce accounts in the context of health information system
Essential: First university degree in Social Sciences, Health economics, Health Financing, Health Systems or public health from an accredited/recognized institute.
Desirable: An advanced university degree in health systems-related field, Human Resources Management or Public Health
Essential: At least five years of related experience in public health
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Speak and write clearly, adapting communication style and content so they are appropriate to the needs of the intended audience
- Keep others are informed of the key and relevant issues through reports, publications and documentation of best practices
- Remain productive when under pressure
- Monitor progress against objectives and take corrective actions necessary
- Produce high quality results
- Work collaboratively with team members to achieve results
- Develop strategic plans into clearly defined objectives that take account of changing circumstance
- Identify priorities and define realistic objectives and timelines
- Adapt readily and efficiently to changing priorities and demands
- Promote WHO’s mission and programmes successfully
Remuneration comprises an annual base salary starting at GHS 425,183 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.