Chief Commercial Officer - Jumia GroupSales / Marketing Jobs In Ghana 2024
Jobs In Ghana 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms among others, comprise of:
- Marketplace, where we integrate with our sellers and manage products;
- Mall, which is our core e-commerce platform that enables customers to buy products;
- Logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our external clients;
- Payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in our markets.
Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating a sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs and skills, and empowering a new generation.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The Chief Commercial Officer is the owner of Jumia’s commercial performance in his or her country.
He/she is responsible for the P&L of the company; he/she handles all teams related to key account management, marketplaces, commercial planning, and cross-border e-commerce.
This is one of the most senior and critical jobs at Jumia. The value of the company widely relies on the Chief Commercial Officer’s ability to make the right decisions and his or her ability to manage the team toward execution while retaining and growing the best talents.
The Chief Commercial Officer is the main point of contact for investors, Group CEOs, Group CCO and the country CEO when it comes to assessing Jumia’s performance trajectory versus the business plan.
The Chief Commercial Officer is eventually responsible for delivering a world-class customer and vendor experience thanks to the right assortment, perfect online ergonomics, the best prices and the most innovative marketing campaigns.
Your position as CCO entails:
- Overachieving the targets of
- Net Merchandize Value (NMV)
- Gross margin (PC1)
- Items sold
- Base of active sellers
- Vendor Net Promoter Score
- Pricing positioning index (being rolled out)
- Jumia Express share
- Building, managing, growing a team of talents over 4 departments
- Key account management, managing the biggest sellers on Jumia
- Marketplace, managing the tail of sellers from acquisition to performance and operation management
- Commercial Planning, planning the commercial activity around weekly campaigns and Tier 1 events such Black Friday, analysing the performance to highlight growth opportunities, managing the inventory, managing pricing
- Cross-border e-commerce (Jumia Global), liaising with our teams in China and in Europe to ensure the growth of international sellers on our local platforms
- Developing tight professional and personal relationships with senior executives at brand and seller side (Intel, Lenovo, Sony, Xiaomi, etc.)
- Being recognized as an expert on your market internally and externally, understanding and anticipating market trends, understanding seller and customer needs
- Conveying a clear vision to the team, the management and the functional leaders on what you want to achieve
- Organizing key commercial events such as Black Friday, Jumia Anniversary, Mobile Week
- Ensuring we find a balance between the customer and the seller experience, enabling a tremendous growth of our base of sellers and our assortment while protecting the customer experience
- Setting up a proper pricing strategy to offer the widest range of genuine products at the lowest price
- Building a very friendly user interface for our vendors and our customers by being strongly involved in our tech developments
CONTINUE READING BELOW
A successful candidate will fulfil the following requirements:
Overall at Jumia, we are looking for passionate people bringing energy and clarity.
- Strong management and inter-personal skills
- Strong drive
- Exceptional commercial skills
- Very detail oriented
- Ability to anticipate, structure and organize
- Resistant to stress
- Finding simple solutions to complex problems
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.