ETL Engineer - AT GhanaEngineering Jobs In Ghana 2024
Jobs In Accra 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The successful candidate will join our team as an ETL Engineer in the IT Department. (S)He will report to the Head of Data Insights and will be in charge of the integration of new platforms and sources with the Data Warehouse as well as the administration of existing databases.
- Provides technical consulting and guidance to development teams for the design and development of highly complex or critical ETL architecture.
- Identifies opportunities for new architectural initiatives; makes recommendations on the increasing scalability and robustness of ETL platforms and solutions.
- Evaluate new tools and techniques and make recommendations to improve real-time and batch data access, transformation and movement across heterogeneous technologies and platforms.
- Determines organizational strategies for data integrity validation processes. Establishes policies and best practices for optimizing ETL data throughput/accessibility.
- Work closely with ETL developers in the integration of sources and platforms with the Data Warehouse
- Manage the team of Database Administrators (DBA) in the administration of existing databases.
- Work closely with the ITOC team to ensure the smooth execution of ETL packages.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Qualification Required & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field (System Engineer, IS Engineer, Information Systems Engineer, IT Engineer, Network Systems Engineer)
- Courses in Data Warehouse / ETL / Database Administration
- Minimum 3 years experience as a Database Administrator or ETL Developer
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in the IT industry (Telco’s preferably)
- Basic understanding of project management principles
- Strong knowledge and experience implementing ETL processes with a specialized tool (SSIS, ODI etc.)
- Strong experience handling large databases.
- Strong knowledge of database memory management, partitions, indexes, compression techniques and general database administration
- Basic understanding of data modeling techniques
- Basic knowledge with Business Intelligence tools
- Knowledge and experience in project management. Must have very strong skills in project Initiation (particularly in requirements gathering, understanding the level of detail required to proceed with any project), project estimation, planning and rapid mobilization.
- Good understanding of computer system characteristics, features, and integration capabilities
- Experience in connecting and applying complex technologies to business strategies. Ability to understand complex, technical subjects.
- Developed negotiation and communication skills.
- Exceptional service and results orientation
- Superior analytical and problem-solving abilities. Demonstrated ability to apply IT in solving problems.
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of cultures in a diverse community.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language. Successfully presents technical information. Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations to senior management.
- Ability to achieve results through others.
- Excellent self-organization and self-direction in the performance of tasks, including time management skills.
- Set and manage priorities.
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of technological advances is crucial.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.