Tax Accountant - Cardinal Namdini Mining LimitedAccounting Jobs In Ghana 2024
Jobs In Accra 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Cardinal Namdini Mining Limited (CNML) is a subsidiary of Shandong Gold Mining Co. Ltd., which is duly listed on the Shanghai Stock Exchange (SSE) and Hong Kong Stock Exchange (HKSE). CNML is developing its’ primary asset located in the Upper East Region of Ghana with a strategic vision to build a world-leading, highly valuable and responsible world-class gold mining enterprise.
- Location: Accra
- Section/ Unit: Finance and Risk
- Department: Finance and Risk
- Job reports to: Finance Manager
- Direct Reports:
Develop and maintain tax systems within the Cardinal Finance team to ensure quality service is provided to all stakeholders and customers in terms of tax by company procedures and statutory requirements.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Tax Compliance: Ensure Cardinal entities comply with tax laws and regulations by preparing and filing accurate tax returns promptly.
- Tax Planning: Develop strategies to minimize tax liabilities while within the bounds of the law. This may involve optimizing deductions, credits, and exemptions.
- Audit and Investigations: Lead Cardinal during tax audits or investigations, present information before tax authorities and assist in resolving tax disputes.
- Advisory Services: Offer advice on various tax-related matters, such as investments, contracts and business transactions, to optimize financial outcomes to various stakeholders on behalf of Cardinal.
- Research: Stay updated on constant changes in tax laws and regulations to provide Cardinal with the most current and relevant advice.
- Risk Assessment: Identify potential tax risks and provide advice on how to mitigate them.
- Education and Communication: Educate Cardinal staff on tax implications and changes, assist Cardinal staff to make informed decisions and communicate complex tax concepts in understandable terms.
- Perform any other related duties based on the exigencies of the Company as assigned by the Supervisors
Required Skills or Experience
Minimum qualification (s)
- HND or degree in Finance, Accounting, Commerce or any relevant discipline
- Professional certification with ACCA/CA/CIMA
- Recognized tax qualification is an advantage
- 8 years of experience in a similar position with a multinational firm and/or Mining sector
- Experience in a Big 4 tax practice or in-house tax role with a multinational organization in Ghana
- In-depth working knowledge of the tax laws in Ghana
- In-depth working knowledge of applicable IFRS standards
- Good understanding of applicable mining and extractive industry laws
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Problem-solving, analytical/critical thinking and strong numerical skills, detail orientation and confidentiality management.
Leadership and behavioural attributes
- Competent leadership who can manage conflict
- Competent interpersonal skills
- Good team player
- Good communication skills
Special conditions or requirements of the Job
- The working environment is multi-cultural and hence sensitivity is required
- Valuing diversity and inclusion practices is essential.
- Extended working hours involved.
- Working under stressful and severe weather conditions
- Stringent deadlines
- High volume work
- Routine / non-routine duties
- Medically fit for the position and environment
- Sense of Responsibility and Commitment
- Pro-activity and Dynamism
- Persistence and Flexibility;
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.