Energy Transition Lead - Tetra TechEnergy,Oil & Gas Jobs In Ghana 2024
Jobs In Accra 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world’s most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science®.
Position Summary & Job Purpose
Tetra Tech is searching for an Energy Transition Lead (ETL) for the USAID Empower West Africa Energy Project. The ETL provides project leadership and technical expertise on advancing energy sector transition in the region, as further detailed below. The position is a five-year fixed-term appointment with benefits and is contingent upon contract award. Non-Ghanaian candidates must be willing to relocate to Accra, Ghana for the duration of the project.
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Provide technical leadership and delivery on decarbonization and clean energy results
- Manage, supervise and coordinate technical services and activities in-country
- Provide thought leadership and technical support as needed to accelerate implementation
- Interact with USAID, USG officials on technical issues of projects to propose and agree on a necessary activity and deliverable changes and innovations
- Effectively integrate guiding principles in the design, implementation and evaluation of activities and programs, including environment, social, climate change, and gender and social inclusion, monitoring, evaluation and learning aspects
- Participate and assist in setting up and undertake periodic reviews and reporting
Essential KSAs Required (experience, Skills, Education, Certification, Etc.)
- 8-10+ years’ experience, including developing country work to increase power supply through clean energy solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, law, engineering, economics, finance, policy, or a related field. A master’s degree is a plus.
- Demonstrated familiarity, and prior experience working in the energy sector in West Africa
- Knowledgeable in developing and implementing climate-resilient pathways to net-zero power systems, including regional and national policies, strategies, laws and regulations; integrated resource and resilience planning to increase clean energy generation; planning and modernization of grid infrastructure; sector coupling and decarbonization; promotion of decentralized power generation and energy efficiency.
- Familiarity promoting gender equality and social inclusion in the energy sector
- Prior experience with managing a team of subject matter experts across geographies
- Familiarity with design and implementation of capacity building programs in the electricity sector
- Excellent interpersonal, diplomacy, and leadership skills, including the ability to manage high-level relationships
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Valued But Not Required KSAs
- Experience with utility unbundling and energy sector restructuring.
- Experience with cross border power trade, and power pools
- Experience increasing on-grid and off-grid access to affordable, reliable energy
- Experience increasing public and private energy sector investment and innovation
- Experienced promoting gender equality and women’s empowerment in the energy sector
Physical Demands & Work Environment
- Office setting
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.