Logistics Assistant - Abt AssociatesSupply Chain/Logistics/Warehousing Jobs In Ghana 2024
Jobs In Northern Region 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The International Development Division focuses on improving the lives and economic well-being of people in lower and middle-income countries. We command technical expertise in health, agriculture, climate change, food security and governance—as well as in international evaluation.
Our multi-layered health portfolio includes policy, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. In partnership with government clients and local experts, our high-quality programs in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East are known for impact and innovation.
At Abt Associates, we are committed to creating a lasting culture of equity, diversity and inclusion and recognize that in order to achieve full participation, our practices must be free of prejudice, discrimination, and bias that result in inequitable outcomes. We are actively working to advance equity for everyone, and while we still have much work to do, we know that racial and cultural diversity are an asset to our business and the communities where we live and serve.
Our ongoing commitment is focused on creating business practices that advance racial and social equity, investments in community impact programs for the benefit of Black, Indigenous, and people of color (BIPOC), and expand upon project work related to racial equity and social justice.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Abt. Associates Inc., a US-based company, is implementing USAID–funded President’s Malaria Initiative Evolve project. The project supports the implementation of malaria vector control strategies such as bednet distribution and indoor residual spraying (IRS). In Ghana, Abt has been implementing IRS in the northern areas since 2011 and is currently preparing for the 2024 IRS campaign under the PMI Evolve Project, Ghana.
For the PMI Evolve project, Abt Associates is seeking qualified individuals to fill the temporary position of Logistics Assistant at each of the districts below. Candidates residing in these locations have an added advantage. Successful candidates will be contracted for up to 3 months
Please note, that the project will not hire people under the government payroll or employed by any other organization
Prior to recruitment, selected candidates will go through training to get oriented to the job tasks and responsibilities. Logistics Assistants will be supervised by the District IRS Coordinator and report to the Logistics & Warehouse coordinator and Procurement and Manager.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Responsibilities of Logistics Assistants
- Manage all inventory received for IRS in the assigned district daily.
- Responsible for compliance to complete all paperwork required at each stage of the supply chain in the district where applicable
- Prepare weekly logistic and supply needs tracker for each operational site of the district.
- Supervise management of the district storerooms to make sure they are in compliance with the best warehouse and inventory management practices
- Prepare inventory requests and follow up on the requests
- Prepare monthly inventory status reports
- Work closely with store assistants to serialize insecticides using barcoding system
- Work closely with store assistants to ensure proper inventory movement documentation and sufficient supply of materials at all times during IRS campaign.
- Work closely with store assistants and site managers to demobilize all sites and send all designated IRS materials to the district store
- Ensure all forms of solid waste are transported from site stores to district stores and onward transportation to Tamale regional warehouse.
Required Skills or Experience
- Minimum of Higher National Diploma in purchasing and supply or another relevant field
- Previous experience in logistics management is preferred
- Good communication, negotiation, and analytical skills
- Team player able to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Must have basic computer literacy with a good understanding and use of MS Office applications and experience of operating electronic gadgets such as tablets and smartphones
- Previous work experience in IRS may serve as an added advantage
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.