Security Officer - African UnionSecurtity/Law Enforcement Jobs In Ghana 2024
Jobs In Accra 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Purpose of Job
Ensure the security of the AfCFTA Assets and also the security and safety of all the officials, staffs and delegates working or visiting the AfCFTA Secretariat
- Coordinate with the host country all security aspects of the AfCFTA
- Monitor the state of security at local, national and regional level and inform the management
- Ensure the security of all assets and proprieties of the organisation
- Manage the safety and security of the officials, staffs and delegates
- Monitor and research on the state of the security
- Monitor the state of security preparedness
- Update “security information system”
- Establish regular contacts taking reports and analyzing developments regarding security
- Research current collateral security information from media, from the field and other sources on a daily basis
- Analyze accumulated information and maintain a continuous picture of evolving local, national and regional events affecting the security of staff
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Monitor predictive indicators and early warning type information;
- Identify security, crime, political and military trends that would increase risk to staff
- Coordinate the draft of periodic and incidental reports
- Supervise the draft of a daily security developments report
- Prepare first draft briefs, notes, reports, studies and recommendation on critical issues of interest to senior management decision-making
- Follow up on the accumulation of data input for period trend reports
- Review first draft after-action reports following all incidents
- Monitor security-related preparedness and compliance of the organ
- Monitor the security planning and preparedness
- Determine if the appropriate equipment and resources are on hand to implement a Security Plan, particularly vehicles and emergency communication systems;
- Check that the information contained in Security Plan has been properly distributed to all staff and that key individuals are aware of and capable of performing all required actions
- Undertake or participate in security missions, as required, including high risk, to perform security assessments
- Perform any other duties as directed by supervisor(s)
Academic Requirements And Relevant Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Security Studies or related studies and Police or Military Studies with 5 years’ relevant experience
- Master’s Degree in Security Studies or related studies with 2 years experience.
- Supervisory experience not mandatory but an added advantage
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment;
- Ability to work independently to meet critical and competing deadlines (multi-tasking), to produce high quality work in short timeframes;
- Excellent interpersonal/teamwork skills,
- Must be computer literate with a working knowledge of common computer applications and systems;
- Excellent drafting, reporting, communication and presentation skills.
- Strong program/project management skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Ability to liaise with a diverse range of people and stakeholders;
- Proficiency in one of the African Union working languages. Proficiency of two or more of the other working language(s) would be an added value.
- Applicants must be proficient in one of the African Union working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese or Spanish). Knowledge of one more or several other working languages would be an added advantage.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.