Postdoctoral Fellow - Drug Innovation GroupEducation Jobs In Ghana 2024
Jobs In Accra 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Drug Innovation Group (DIG) is a medicinal chemistry group at University of Ghana (UG). DIG staff and laboratories are situated in the Frank Tortor Building at the Department of Chemistry. DIG is part of a fully integrated malaria drug discovery project under the ethos of the Grand Challenges African Drug Discovery Accelerator (GC-ADDA) program comprising eight (8) African institutions with many international partners funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) and LifeArc.
DIG is seeking to appoint a Postdoctoral fellow on a 1-year fixed contract renewable for a further two years.
- The research focus for the postdoctoral fellowships will be synthetic organic chemistry and medicinal chemistry.
- The successful candidate will be expected to utilize data from Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics (DMPK) and biological studies to design and synthesize potential drug leads for malaria and other neglected tropical diseases.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Qualification Required & Experience
Knowledge, skills, and abilities required:
The successful applicant:
- must have achieved a PhD degree in synthetic organic chemistry or medicinal chemistry within the past 5 years.
- must be able to carry out independent organic synthesis.
- must be willing to supervise MSc and PhD students.
- must be willing to comply with the University’s approved policies, procedures, and practices for postdoctoral fellows.
Salary: The successful applicant shall be paid according to the University of Ghana 2020 salary structure and at the Lecturer & Equivalent level.
Location: Accra« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.