Project Manager - Drug Innovation GroupAdministrative/Secretarial Jobs In Ghana 2024
Jobs In Accra 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Drug Innovation Group (DIG) is a medicinal chemistry group at University of Ghana (UG). DIG staff and laboratories are situated in the Frank Tortor Building at the Department of Chemistry. DIG is part of a fully integrated malaria drug discovery project under the ethos of the Grand Challenges African Drug Discovery Accelerator (GC-ADDA) program comprising eight (8) African institutions with many international partners funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) and LifeArc. DIG is seeking to appoint a Project Manager on a 3-year fixed contract.
The main purpose of this position is to support interdisciplinary translational research teams by helping DIG/GC-ADDA teams to develop project plans and support effective implementation of cross-functional discovery activities in alignment with DIG/GC-ADDA overall research priorities.
Additionally, this position will assist teams to work effectively together with internal and external communication of key research activities/programs at DIG/GC-ADDA.
The position will also support DIG/GC-ADDA in the planning and execution of other research-related activities (face-to-face meeting, funder/stakeholder engagements, shipping of samples across participating institutions etc.).
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Project management and planning:
- Together with the project teams, be responsible for the generation and maintenance of the integrated project goals and platform goals for all DIG/GC-ADDA scientific activities.
- Coordinate project review meetings, including the annual scientific management and advisory board meeting (SMAB) and the quarterly Research Management Team (RMT) meetings.
- Planning scientific exchange visits.
- Program planning for symposiums, advisory board meetings and face-to-face meetings with collaborators.
- Assessing daily challenges/bottlenecks in DIG/GC-ADDA workflows.
- Champion and maintain use of DIG/GC-ADDA SharePoint and CDD Vaults for knowledge management.
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Milestone/progress tracking of key projects.
- Coordination of monthly scientific reports.
- Assessment of effectiveness of solutions/processes.
- Facilitation of project close out sessions to capture learning.
Qualification Required & Experience
- Research based Masters in a scientific discipline.
- 3 years project management experience in translational research environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to liaise effectively between both scientific and non-scientific staff.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), computer, organizational and time management skills.
- Highly motivated and team player with ability to work independently when required.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Knowledge of scientific disciplines aligned to drug discovery (chemistry/pharmacology/biology etc.) would be an advantage.
- Advanced planning and tracking skills, ability to use proper tools in project management and capable of managing programs with respect to priorities.
Location: Accra« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.