Trips and Visits Specialist III - Compassion InternationalNGO Jobs In Ghana 2024
Jobs In Accra 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
This career specialist exists to provide Compassion visitors with an opportunity to experience the work of Compassion in the field through meeting sponsored children and students, visiting Compassion-assisted projects, and meeting Compassion field staff all of which provide visitors with exposure and learning opportunities that will educate them about Compassion’s response to poverty, influence their cross cultural perspective, and motivate them towards child advocacy.
He or she works through shared accountability with GME, GP and GPA to prioritize and plan successful tours and visits. This is done in coordination with the partnership team, facilitating church partners and others to plan logistics, book accommodations, arranges transportation, translators, gift purchase, and schedule activities and child/family home visits, while ensuring effective alignment to Compassion’s child protection policy and expectations.
Through the shared accountability, trips will be well executed and evaluated. All must be accomplished with specific budget parameters. At this career level, the incumbent generally facilitates tours and visits independently or participates as a team member for major, complex, tours. He or she may coach and oversee the work of other specialists.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate for children. Understands and advances Christ’s mandate to protect children. Raises awareness of the needs of children and takes active steps to help protect against neglect, abuse, and exploitation of children. Promotes the dignity, respect, positive treatment, potential of children in all circumstances. Encourages the involvement of others in helping children in need. Reports and appropriately supports responses to incidents of harm of children if they occur.
- Collaborates with marketing specialists to provide first-hand experience and exposure to Compassion’s core ministry programs for vision trips, sponsors, and donors, ultimately to increase involvement and sponsorship of children.
- Collaborates with partnership team and church partners to plan tours and visits for vision trips, sponsors, and donors. Collaborates with Partnership Facilitators and Training teams for Partnership capacity/skill building improvements and projects to enhance the quality of tours and visits to the project.
- Selects and recruits translators to service tour groups as they interact with church partners, sponsored children, and other key stakeholders. Trains and arranges payment for these translators.
- Demonstrates a high level of discretion and independent judgment to protect both Compassion’s interests as well as the life and property of participants as best as possible. Further assesses and mitigates foreseeable risk for all trip participants traveling to the region. Utilizes external resources to become highly proficient in travel security in the area.
- Plan logistics for marketing related groups including booking accommodations, arranging in-country transportation, and purchasing visit gifts.
- Provides expertise regarding Compassion programs and trip outcomes. Contributes to revenue generating goals as established in tour objectives. Collaborates with key stakeholders to ensure field exposure trip quality and effectiveness. Collaborates to ensure that all trip needs are being addressed and delivers an excellent trip experience.
- Coaches and provides expertise, and may oversee the work of other professionals and support staff in the tours discipline.
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Accountable for supporting, upholding, and engaging in Compassion’s core “Cultural Behaviors” in all internal and external communication and relationships.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Bachelor’s Degree Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- Seven years Experience working in this or similar position or field.
Licenses and Certifications
- Certification in profession from nationally or internationally recognized organization, or similar credential.
- Equivalent education, training and/or certification may be substituted for experience and education shown above
- Office – Standard Office Environment
- Sitting, standing, and/or walking for up to 8 hours per day
- May be required to travel up to 50% of normal schedule
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.