Sous Chef - Kempinski HotelHospitalilty/Food Service Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Assist in the management of Kitchen Operations including menu planning and costing, organising special events, developing new dishes, maintaining food quality standards and comprehensive product knowledge.
- Assist with organizing special events and special food promotions.
- Maintain comprehensive product knowledge including ingredients, equipment, suppliers, markets, and current trends and make recommendations for appropriate adjustments to kitchen operations accordingly.
- Maintain a hygienic kitchen and personal hygiene.
- Clean the kitchen and equipment.
- Work with Superior and Director of People Services to ensure the departmental performance of staff is productive and assist in planning for future staffing needs.
- Assist in training needs analysis of Kitchen staff and ensure training programs are designed and implemented to meet needs.
- Provide input for probation and formal performance appraisal discussions in line with company guidelines.
- Approve leave after considering hotel occupancy.
- Work with superior in the preparation and management of the department’s budget.
- Demonstrate Awareness of OH&S policies and procedures and ensure all procedures are conducted safely and within OH&S guidelines and ensure your direct reports do the same.
- Be aware of duty of care and adhere to occupational, health and safety legislation, policies and procedures.
- Be familiar with property safety, first aid and fire and emergency procedures and operate equipment safely and sensibly.
- Initiate action to correct a hazardous situation and notify supervisors of potential dangers.
- Log security incidents and accidents in accordance with hotel requirements.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Desired Skills And Qualifications
- Gastronomic education certificate or equivalent (apprenticeship/diploma/BA/Bsc)
- HACCP certification
- Minimum 5 years kitchen experience
- Minimum 2 years management experience (e.g. Chef de Partie)
- International experience is preferred
- Banqueting experience is preferred
- Knowledgeable of food safety regulations
- Ability to work as a part of a team, thrive under pressure in challenging circumstances and come up with proactive, rational solutions
- Ability to operate computer and office equipment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Passionate for Food & Beverage
- People oriented
- Passionate for European luxury
- Entrepreneurial and Straightforward
- Business acumen
- Sense of responsibility
- Team player
- Flexible and reliable
- Tolerant and open minded
- Works well under pressure
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.