Project Driver - Democracy International TamaleDriving Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Tamale, Northern Region 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Democracy International, Inc. (DI) is a US government contractor implementing programs worldwide for the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), the U.S. Department of State, and other agencies.
DI is leading USAID/Ghana Performance Accountability Activity (PAA), a five-year Activity, that supports the Government of Ghana (GoG) and civil society organizations (CSOs) to deliver quality and more accountable public services.
The Project Driver will be responsible for transporting staff, driving staff throughout Ghana as required including all 10 regions in which the project operates and providing other support to the project as required. The Project Driver will report to the Finance and Operations Manager.
- Drive staff, consultants and visitors to official meetings and other locations in accordance with the administration schedule.
- Provides specific support to the Chief of Party as required and directed.
- Be responsible for safely and responsibly driving project staff outside of Greater Accra as required for project activities in any of the ten regions in which the project operates. These include: Upper West, Upper East, Northern, North East, Savannah, Western North, Western, Central, Volta and Oti.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Conducts standard checks of the vehicle every day before operating.
- Provide timely reports on faults detected on project vehicles to Supervisor to ensure that they are adequately addressed. Arranges for the vehicle to be inspected and repaired at the officially designated workshop.
- Prepare transport schedules to ensure cost effectiveness of fuel consumption and efficiency of vehicle usage for office errands/activities.
- Adhere to all road and transport rules, laws legislation and best practices and take corrective action where necessary.
- Compile and keep records of all licensing requirements /documents for project vehicles.
- Ensure that vehicle logbooks are accurately completed and reviewed.
- Ensure vehicle condition meets or exceeds required safety standards.
- Ensure that vehicle is used only for official purposes.
- Carefully adhering to all traffic and driving regulations and laws.
- Keeps track of insurance and roadworthy requirement and ensure documents are always up to date.
- Perform other duties assigned.
Required Skills or Experience
- SHS or Diploma.
- Must be a Ghanaian citizen.
- Clean driving record with no driving regulation infringements in the last 5 years. Applicants must be willing to approve a police and DVLA check to verify this requirement.
- Five (5) years+ experience with a valid driver’s license (Class B or C)
- At least three years experience with a USAID or other donor-funded projects preferred or equivalent driving responsibilities.
- Good and extensive knowledge of the road networks in Ghana
- Must have a basic knowledge in mechanics sufficient to fix common vehicle problems when travelling long distances; e.g. tyre damage, lubrication, cooling and braking systems hydraulics.
- Fluency in oral and written English and in oral fluency in Twi.
- Good time management skills and ability to multi-task.
- Excellent organizational skills.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.