Food and Beverage Supervisor - Kempinski HotelHospitalilty/Food Service Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
To supervise the succesful organization and execution of any type of banquet event and assist the Asisstant Banquet Manager to succesfully handle all events. Give full support that ensures the Banquet service department is runnung as a successful independent profit centre, ensuring that all functions are successfully executed ensuring maximum guest satisfaction through planning, organizing, controlling the respective asministration and operation.
- Responsible to Assistant Banquet Manager and Responsible for Banquet Waiters/ Waitresses.
- Report to duty punctually wearing the correct uniform, clean and well pressed including appropriate shoes (polished) and nametag at all times according to the hotels dress code & Kempinski grooming standards, maintaining a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
- A courteous, professional and efficient service is provided at all times.
- All duties and tasks are performed as per the tasks required at the outlet.
- Be knowledgeable of all F&B services and products offered by the hotel and perform upselling.
- Monitor operating supplies, equipment and reduce spoilage and wastage successfully.
- Ensure that the place of work and surrounding area is kept clean and organized at all times.
- Successfully perform opening and closing procedures established for the assigned outlet
- Handle guest enquiries in a courteous and efficient manner and report guest complaints and feedback to supervisors.
- Being knowledgeable to operate the existing POS system based on the trained responsibility level as assigned in the department.
- Understand and strictly adhere to the rules & regulations established in the hotel’s policy manual and the hotel’s policy on fire, hygiene, health & safety.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Maintain a good rapport and work relation with staff in the assigned department and within the hotel.
- Attend and contribute to all staff meetings, departmental trainings and hotel initiated trainings scheduled.
- Undertake reasonable tasks and secondary duties as assigned by the Department Head.
- Respond to any changes in the department as dictated by the hotel management.
- Assist in carrying out scheduled inventories of products and operating equipment.
- Projecting at all times a positive and motivated attitude and exercise self-control.
- Having a complete understanding of the monthly profit and loss statement of the department.
- Be able to lead the service and act as a role model to the team.
- Be able to ensure a flawless service to the highest standards and as required by the department and the hotel.
- Fully understand the concept of the restaurant and being able to act as a guardian in terms of service provided, food and beverages served and the guidance of the team.
- Be able to ensure a great communication within the team and able to hold team meetings in the absence of the Assistant Restaurant Manager.
- Attend the daily Food & Beverage Meeting in the absence of Restaurant Manager and Assistant Restaurant Manager.
- Identify and errors and correct them as required during set-up, service and breakdown of operations.
- Ensure that the various type of functions held at the hotel achieve a level of service and quality unique in its competition set.
- Assign responsibilities to subordinates implementing a multi-tasking principle and to check their performance periodically.
- Ensure regular on the job trainings are conducted to all service members of the Banquet team.
- Be constantly involved in the operation ensuring that a senior team member is opening and closing every event.
- Conduct daily pre shift meetings to employees on preparation, guest profile, service and menu served.
- Conduct monthly inventory on operating equipment together with the stewarding department.
- Establish rapport with guest and meeting organizers to ensure guest satisfaction and personalized service.
- Be demanding and critical when it comes to service and set-up standards.
- Organize with Stewarding and Housekeeping that all areas are regularly maintained.
- Work closely with the Sales & Catering department and establish a good rapport to ensure successful flow of communication.
- Be the communicator between the line staff and the Assistant Banquet Manager and ensure that regular staff meetings are held within the team.
- Be able to run all type of events successfully in the role of a headwaiter and take ownership of the appearing challenges.
- Deliver an impeccable service at all times in line with the luxury reputation of the hotel and matching the guest requirements which might vary from event to event.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired Skills And Qualifications
- BA/BSc in Hospitality Management or related field.
- Minimum 1 year in F&B service role.
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment:
- Local language – excellent oral and written skills.
- English – excellent oral and written skills.
- Additional language – beneficial.
- Ability to work as part of a team, thrive under pressure in challenging circumstances and come up with proactive, rational solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to establish and retain effective working relationships with hotel staff and clients/vendors.
- Ability to identify and delegate tasks effectively.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Applies a professional, confidential and ethical approach at all times.
- Works in a safe, prudent and organized manner.
- Computer literacy adapted to the field of training:
- Ability to operate computer and office equipment.
- Proficiency in Excel and Word.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
To fill this position the candidate must identify with the Kempinski core values, in addition they should be especially:
- Passionate for Food & Beverage
- People Oriented
- Passionate for European luxury
- Business Acumen
- Sense of responsibility
- Team player
- Analytical thinker
- Flexible and reliable
- Tolerant and open minded
- Works well under pressure
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.