Senior Finance Assistant - International Organization for MigrationFinance Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental, and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
- Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and direct supervision of Resources Management Officer, in close cooperation with the relevant units of the mission, Senior Finance Assistant is responsible for the following functions;
- Provide procedural guidance to managers and staff; supervise, guide and train other finance support staff;
- Manage financial resources through monitoring and controlling assets, reserves, funds, supplies, etc. in accordance with IOM rules and regulations;
- Provide specialized advice and support to Project Managers and/or Chief of Missions/Head of Office/Head of Sub-office on financial and administrative matters;
- Assist in monitoring compliance with financial policies, procedures, rules and regulations;
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Consolidate data into financial statements and assist in monitoring expenditures to ensure they remain within authorized levels;
- Assist monitoring that bank reconciliations for IOM accounts are regularly performed and reviewed by designated stakeholders;
- Ensure that disbursements are made based on proper authorizations and supported by legitimate and sufficient documentation;
- Provide assistance responding to audit queries and follow up on audit recommendations;
- Review the status and monitor the proper maintenance of Vendor Accounts in accounting system;
- Verify vendor claims for accuracy and conformance with IOM finance policies and instructions;
- Review and ensure all supporting documentation and signatures are obtained before finalizing vouchers; verify invoices and ascertain that the equipment, supplies or services they refer to were duly received or provided before proceeding with payment request;
- Bring to the attention of the supervisor any relevant financial and budgetary issues.
- Liaise with MRF Dakar, MAS, ACO, BUD and other missions when required; and,
- Perform other related duties as required.
Qualification Required & Experience
- High School diploma with six years of relevant experience; or,
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, Accounting, Finances, or related field with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, E-mail, Outlook; previous experience in SAP is a distinct advantage;
- Attention to detail, ability to organize paperwork in a methodical way;
- Discreet, details and clients-oriented, patient and willingness to learn new things; and,
- Prior work experience with international humanitarian organizations, non-government or government institutions/organization in a multi-cultural setting is an advantage.
- Personal commitment, flexibility and ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from various cultures and professional background. Ability to work under tight timelines
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- For all applicants, fluency in English is required (oral and written).
- Knowledge of French or any other UN Official language is advantageous.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges
CORE COMPETENCIES – Behavioural indicators – Level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
- Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring
country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the
neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
- Vacancies close at 23:59 local time Accra, Ghana on the respective closing date. No late applications will be accepted.
Location: Accra« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.