Community Development Officer - Reputable InstitutionAgricultural Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
A reputable institution is seeking to recruit Community Development Officer
Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct household surveys and community profile surveys with selected households in the assigned operational areas.
- Conduct traceability checks at the community level.
- Undertake distribution of shade trees to farmers
- Undertake living income plan beneficiaries monitoring.
- Undertake gender and grievance, assess and address awareness raising.
- Conduct farm monitoring for the shade trees survival
- Carry out unannounced farm visit to identify possible cases of child labour;
- Follow-up questionnaires include needs assessments in case child labour is identified.
- Identify and deploy remediation activities to the benefit of the children and their families.
- Monitor all remediation activities and households classified as high-risk of child labour;
- Organize and implement awareness raising among members, households, communities and collaborating partners.
- Report through a mobile app.
- Prepare work plans and schedules to ensure that all households are visited for all activities as per the agreed times in the period.
- Work closely with the Technical Coordinators and Regional Managers employed by CAA.
- The CDOs ensure that the tools, equipment, and safety wear is used appropriately according to manufacturer specifications and maintains the protocols for repairs and maintenance.
- Perform any other duties or assignments as may be directed by your supervisor.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Qualification Required & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree/ Diploma in Agriculture (only people with Crop, Agronomy, Agro-forestry, and Extension background), Rural and Development Studies, Social science, social work, Psychology, Geography and any related course from a recognized institution accredited by national accreditation board.
- A minimum of two (2) years plus experience in a similar role.
- Should have working experience with farmers in the field, should have at least one year’s experience in field data collection in the cocoa sector.
REQUIRED SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Multitasking and work constructively to meet targets and deadlines.
- Confident individual with a proactive attitude and keep calm under pressure.
- Detailed-oriented professional who uses analytical skills and follows all procedures to identify child labour and the follow-up support activities to be carried out.
- Must have a strong background in computer skills.
- Ability to independently create digital reports.
- Ability to manage assigned duties in an assertive, efficient, and timely manner.
- Must be able to live in a rural community in any of the assigned cocoa districts deprived of basic social amenities.
- ABILITY TO RIDE A MOTORBIKE IN ROUGH TERRAIN WITH A VALID LICENSE
- Ability to pay attention to details.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and security of data gathered for the purposes assigned for
- ABILITY TO SPEAK FLUENTLY TWI FLUENTLY
- ABILITY TO PROVIDE BASIC COCOA EXTENSION SERVICE
- Emotional maturity, unprejudiced and sensitivity to farmers
- Meticulously maintains complete, honest, and accurate records pertaining to household surveys and community profile surveys.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.