Assistant Librarian: Research Data Management - University of GhanaData/Records Management Jobs In Ghana 2024
Jobs In Accra 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The University of Ghana hereby, invites applications from suitably qualified persons for appointment as
POSITION: Assistant Librarian-Research Data Management
The job role of the Assistant Librarian – Research Data Management requires operational support for the achievement of the objectives and strategic plan of the University of Ghana Library System (UGLS).
- Advising on research data management plans and providing research support activities to academic departments.
- Leading in the implementation of a research data service based on the needs of the university community.
- Leading in the development of policies and procedures for the management of research data.
- Advocating for open science, good practices, management and sharing of datasets.
- Promoting research data services to the university community.
- Providing reports with written information and numerical data.
- Use of relevant software/tools to engage students and faculty to improve research.
- Contribution to the profession through research and publishing.
- Contribution to the profession through extension activities.
- Performing the role of a subject librarian.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Qualification Required & Experience
The applicant must:
- possess a good first degree plus a research master’s degree of at least a Master of Philosophy (MPhil) degree or equivalent in Librarianship, Information Studies, or related discipline, with a minimum of two (2) years relevant post-second-degree qualification work experience.
- show evidence of chartered membership of any library professional association with not less than two years of membership.
Required knowledge, ability, and skills include:
- Proven experience in research data management and analysis
- Proficiency in data analysis tools and languages (eg python, R, SQL)
- Strong knowledge of data visualisation tools (eg Tableau, Power BI)
- Understanding of data privacy regulations and ethical considerations in data handling.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite and other relevant software
- Detail-oriented with a strong analytical mindset.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects.
- Knowledge of the research process and ability to conduct research.
- Ability to uphold and maintain the professional ethics of librarianship.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.