Provost: College of Humanities - University of GhanaEducation Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The University of Ghana hereby, invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the position of Provost, College of Humanities, to take effect from 1st August 2024.
POSITION: Provost, College of Humanities
REPORTING TO: The Vice-Chancellor
OBJECTIVES OF THE COLLEGE:
The College of Humanities shall advance the objectives of each of its constituent Units and by these specific objectives, to:
- Create synergy for interdisciplinary teaching, learning and research in the Arts, Social Sciences, Business and Law.
- Provide faculty and students with skills in its various fields to contribute to the development needs of the country.
- Establish and promote international networks of Arts, Social Sciences, Business and Law.
- Enhance the sharing of human, financial and material resources.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The College of Humanities comprises the following academic units:
- School of Arts
- Business School
- School of Languages
- School of Law
- School of Performing Arts
- School of Social Sciences
- Institute of African Studies
- Institute of Statistical, Social and Economic Research
- Regional Institute for Population Studies
- Merian Institute for Advanced Studies in Africa Legon Centre for International Affairs and Diplomacy
- Centre for Migration Studies
- Centre for Social Policy Studies
- Centre for Ageing Studies
- Centre for Asian Studies
- Centre for European Studies
- Centre for Latin American Studies
- Centre for Urban Management Studies
- Centre for Gender Studies and Advocacy
- Language Centre
- Centre for Disability Studies and Advocacy
The Provost shall be responsible for:
- The management of the College and for driving the growth and development of the College under the direction of the Vice-Chancellor.
- Coordinating the various units of the College
- Raising funds for the College.
- Implementing the policy decisions affecting the College.
Qualification Required & Experience
The Provost of a College is the academic and administrative head of the College and is required to provide administrative and academic direction and leadership, as determined by the Council and Academic Board of the University.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The Provost must:
- Be a Professor or a person from industry eligible for that position.
- Demonstrate capacity to manage the College and for driving the growth and development of the College under the direction of the Vice-Chancellor.
- Provide evidence of managerial and administrative leadership and capacity to coordinate the various units of the College.
- Demonstrate capacity to attract funds for the College.
- Be able to implement the policy decisions affecting the College.
- Be able to serve at least one term in office.
The person appointed Provost, College of Humanities shall hold office for a period of three years on terms and conditions recommended by the Appointments Board and is eligible for re-appointment for a further term of up to three years.
Location: Accra« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.