Financial Planning Accountant - Tullow OilAccounting Jobs In Ghana 2024
Jobs In Accra 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Tullow Oil is a well-established, recognized, and African focused independent oil and gas company. The Group has interests in over 30 exploration and production licenses across 8 countries in Africa and South America. Our purpose is to build a better future through responsible oil and gas development.
Tullow Oil is looking to appoint a Financial Planning Accountant on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Accra, Ghana. The individual will be responsible for coordination of the annual budget and reforecasting processes, monthly management and JV reporting, external reporting as required and shared services costs allocations.
The Successful Candidate Responsibilities Include
- Coordinate the annual budget and reforecasting processes and engaging with the Cost Engineers and budget holders to ensure that the budget guidelines are clearly understood and applied
- Input Capex/Opex budgets and forecast for all assets into Cognos/SAC, reviewing & reconciling the same: and confirmation of the closure of these inputs into Cognos/SAC
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Using Lifting Schedule to calculate revenue forecasts and input in Cognos/SAC
- Ensuring that BU License Model, Cash Flow, P&L and G&A models have been completed and reviewed
- Managing the monthly cost allocation process for shared services cost centres (TGL FPA only), including calculation of any SKF’s to be applied, updating, and running the allocation cycles
- Preparing the monthly internal management reporting for the asset/corporate and submission for inclusion in the consolidated monthly reporting pack
- Issuing, following up and updating the monthly management reporting timetable checklist
- Compiling some finance performance KPIs comments and preparing calculations for some of the KPIs e.g. Opex/bbl, including PCO
- Preparing the monthly JV cost trackers for the asset/corporate and submission for inclusion in the consolidated monthly Fincom pack or sharing with JVP’s
- Preparing the monthly external/Sectional reporting required by the asset PA’s (Section 6,7, 8,9,10 of DWT and WCTP PAs)
- Preparing TGLs AOE data
- Support any ongoing divestment/acquisition procedures that may arise in relation to the asset (TEN/Jubilee)
- Pro-actively engage in group wide Corporate Projects Ad hoc duties as required
- Liaise with external auditors as required to assist in explanations of Opex/Capex numbers.
- Actively participate in all risk and assurance activities within finance and the BU
- A minimum 3 plus years professional experience in similar role
- Strong experience in management accounting, budgeting, or forecasting
- Financial modelling and advanced Excel
- Working knowledge of SAP, SAC, Cognos
- Experience in JV accounting
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of oil & gas industry
- Microsoft Suit User experience
Education And Experience
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance
- A student or Affiliate, Membership with one of the professional accounting bodies (e.g. CA, CIMA, ACCA, etc.)
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.