PR & Communications Specialist - ACDI/VOCACommunication Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Tamale, Northern Region 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Since 1963 and in 146 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society.
The USAID-funded Ghana Market Systems and Resilience Activity (MSR) is a five-year, $35.9M follow-on project to USAID/Ghana ADVANCE II. The MSR Activity commenced in April 2022 and is leveraging over a decade of experience linking smallholders to markets, inputs, and services in Ghana.
The Activity will strengthen commercial relationships between market actors, improve the rural entrepreneurship ecosystem to enable greater market participation, particularly for women and youth, expand the availability of agribusiness services, and link targeted policy initiatives to improved local economic governance. These activities will result in competitive, stronger, and more resilient markets, thus increasing inclusive agriculture-led economic growth in northern Ghana.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Pursuant to its mission, ACDI/VOCA is seeking experienced and talented professionals for the PR & Communications Specialist position. The position will be based in Tamale and reports to the MEL/CLA Director, as well as Chief of Party (COP). The PR & Communications Specialist will ensure that the MSR Activity adheres to the official USAID Branding and Marking Plan, as well as all ACDI/VOCA branding and communications requirements, including internal guidelines shared by the Activity’s components and departments.
The position also coordinates production, preparation, and sharing of original content for publication of bi-weekly/monthly bullets, press releases, website, social media, newsletters, and other channels as necessary related to the Activity (including the community of practice). The PR & Communications Specialist will equally liaise with the media and ensure that MSR public activities are covered and reported on accurately.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and implement communications and knowledge management strategies for the MSR Activity, focused on internal and external stakeholders and audiences.
- Generate and share original content for press releases, website, social media, newsletters, bullets, and other channels as necessary related to the Activity (including the community of practice).
- Complete and ensure adherence to the official USAID Branding and Marking Plan and all ACDI/VOCA branding and communications requirements, including internal guidelines shared by project units and departments.
- Engage with the USAID/Ghana Communications team, and the communications teams at ACDI/VOCA HQ to coordinate communications efforts as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain web, communications, collaboration, and knowledge management platforms for the Activity.
- In collaboration with other MSR technical staff and sub-contractors develop and implement a plan for research uptake by engaging with researchers to translate research into relevant outputs (policy briefs, presentations, original Audio-Visual presentations, etc.).
- In collaboration with other MSR administrative and technical staff, ensure high quality graphics/photography for all MSR promotional and communications products, and oversee and manage the relationship with contracted graphic/visual designers.
- Develop tools and provide support for private and public sector partners to communicate priorities, plans and results more effectively.
- Provide technical writing and copy-editing support on reports and other publications, as appropriate, as well as other related communications and knowledge management activities, as assigned.
- Share knowledge and lessons learned among the team and key stakeholders by developing and regularly updating appropriate knowledge-sharing platforms (e.g., e-news updates, A/V applications to agricultural extension services to SHF’s, etc.)
- Liaise with relevant GOG, private sector, NGO, civil society, and collegial USAID programs to ensure synergies and complementarity.
- Support the collection, analysis, documentation, dissemination, and use of best practices and lessons learned.
- Ensure communications deliverables are completed on time, including Comms component of semi-annual and annual reports.
- Maintain strategic relationships with relevant stakeholders to promote effective coordination, collaboration, and dissemination of program learning.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Required Skills or Experience
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Knowledge Management, Communications, Media, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing, Library Science, or a relevant technical field is required.
- A minimum of five (5) years of project-level management experience in one or more of the following areas: communications, knowledge management, and/or facilitating or managing a professional community of practice, communications program and/or ACDI/VOCA production unit.
- Experience in supporting, coordinating and/or leading project technical reporting including weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- The ability to write clearly, succinctly, and effectively in English as demonstrated through work samples.
- Knowledge and experience successfully implementing USAID or similar funding entity’s Communication guidelines and requirements.
- More than five years of project-level management experience related to communications and/or managing communities of practice.
- Experience related to developing and managing knowledge management platforms and systems.
- Experience with communicating academic work, including scientific and/or applied research to non-technical audiences.
- Experience with research uptake and research translation into policy.
- Relevant experience in international development, public policy, and/or the technical area of focus of the MSR Activity, including but not limited to innovation, entrepreneurship, Climate Smart and regenerative agriculture, challenges to women’s and youth’s inclusion in all areas of the agricultural and financial sectors, and proven collaboration with national and regional research institutions.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.