Technical Services Manager - Pumptech LimitedEngineering Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Pumptech Limited is a leading Ghanaian water infrastructure company founded in 2007 with the vision of providing effective water supply to homes, communities, and townships. Operating from four (4) satellite offices in the Greater Accra, Tamale, Wa and Ahafo regions, PTL leads in the design, implementation, and operational management of water pumping systems.
For individuals, institutions and co-operatives desiring information, education, and a reputable place to acquire water pump products in the renewable and energy efficiency markets, we have more than 15 years of experience and a team of experienced technicians to assist. We are the official distributor of LORENTZ and GRUNDFOS pumps.
Scope of Work
The Technical Services manager will be required to do the balancing act of managing technical processes and teams along with using his/her technical skills to provide the necessary environment for project success. The job of a technical manager is complex and requires efficiency in both technical as well as management fields.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Must ensure teams follow the correct procedures, policies, and documentation requirements across project phases.
- Able to guide the team through the development, testing and implementation stages and review the completed work effectively.
- Provide direction and technical expertise in design and cost estimation.
- Able to make quick decisions and solve technical problems to provide an efficient environment for project implementation.
- Identify resource and equipment requirements, efficient capacity planning and manage software and hardware availability.
- Must provide technical training to teams when required and serve as a technical mentor to team members.
- Ensure standard operating procedures and project guidelines are in place.
- Task allocation and performance evaluation of team members
- Project scheduling and resource management
- Planning, budgeting, and reporting on projects
- Make presentations on project status, and present monthly and annual reports.
- Conduct regular team meetings and track project progress.
- Conduct performance reviews of team members and identify areas of improvement, give feedback, and recommend promotions or salary increments.
- Estimate project budgets, coordinate with the finance department for funds, and plan for purchasing equipment and hardware in a cost-effective way.
- Provide an efficient working atmosphere to project teams and ensure objectives are met within a stipulated time.
Required Skills or Experience
1. Technical Expertise
- Proficient in handling the most complex of technical development concepts, the latest software tools and technologies, strong database concepts, and designing techniques.
- Possesses good knowledge of different software systems for Project planning and implementation.
- Experience in troubleshooting, and ability to understand and implement client requirements.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
2. Management Skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with teams and clients.
- Understand project requirements, coordinate with resources, and direct the projects in the right direction in a timely manner.
- Ability to manage change and effectively pass on the information down the line to concerned teams for smoother execution.
- Delegate and allocate responsibilities efficiently to manage projects end-to-end.
- Effectively lead teams and inspire others to achieve goals through innovation, quality, and excellence
- Ability to identify strengths and weaknesses of team members and suitably make changes when/if required.
- Resource management skills and ability to handle complex/sensitive issues.
- Encourage team interaction, boost employee motivation, and appreciate team contribution.
- Ability to match project tasks with opportunities for development so that employee potential is utilized to the maximum.
- Master of Science in Engineering. Preferably in Electrical/Electronic, Mechanical, or Civil
- A minimum of (4) years of working experience in a senior supervisory role in Civil works
- Good level of knowledge and experience in civil, electrical, and Mechanical Equipment
- Knowledge and experience in Water Infrastructure development
- On-the-job experience
- A work history reflecting successfully finished projects.
- A qualified driver with a driver’s license is an added advantage.
- Additional Management Courses
- Preparation of drawings/designs
- Proposal Development/Bids Preparation
- Technical Report Writing
- Good Communication/Presentation
- Ability to read and follow a product datasheet, specs sheet, and other product material.
- Familiarity with Design Software for Water Infrastructure development
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.