Snr Cost Engineer - Tullow OilEnergy,Oil & Gas Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Tullow is a well-established, recognised independent oil and gas company focussed on Africa and South America. The Group has interests in over 30 exploration and production licences across 8 countries in Africa and South America.
Tullow is looking for a Senior Cost Engineer on a permanent basis, based in Accra, Ghana. The successful candidate will provide cost engineering and project control services as per best practices to the Ghana Assets. The individual is expected to interface with key internal & external stakeholders in delivering the assets cost goals and performance against approved annual budget.
The Successful Candidate Responsibilities Include
- Responsible for compiling Budgets – Corporate and Joint Venture (including preparation of Budget inputs required for approval) as per Group and JV guidelines
- Prepare cost performance and planning reports (VOWD, forecast, Estimate to Complete actuals, etc)
- Cost analysis, cost controls and reporting activities for OPEX and CAPEX projects.
- Ensure there is accurate monitoring in place for actual spend against budgets, analyse deviations, and recommend remedial actions.
- Prepare and report cost engineering information monthly and additional ad-hoc reports as required by budget holders/Management.
- Assist Budget Holders integrate cost management and activity planning
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Ensure accurate cost tracking and progress measurement systems are in place for all departments
- Coordinates cost down efforts by working closely with budget holders on establishing targets, and comparing to the estimates or recommended target cost
- Provide expenditure phasing and projections in line with schedules and contract compensations terms and conditions.
- Proactively advise management when forecasted costs exceed the approved budget.
- Prepare AFEs and submit to JV Management for internal and external approval.
- Analyse contractors’ cost reports and extract required data for management reporting.
- Ensure accurate tracking of all Purchase Orders (POs) and advise budget holders before POs and budgets are overspent in liaison with Contract and Procurement representatives
- Provide Value of Work Done assessment based on established progress system & contractor reports.
- Initiates appropriate action when total forecast indicates allocated funds will be exceeded.
- Ability to multi-task simultaneously.
- Knowledge and application of Cost and Planning Engineering principles.
- Good knowledge of planning, cost management and reporting systems together with ability to consolidate project data from several sources for overall presentation
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially, Excel.
- Knowledge of design and implementation of projects preferably in the offshore oil and gas industry.
- Working experience with established cost management and planning software
Education And Experience
- Engineering degree or equivalent project controls experience
- Minimum of 10 years of Cost Engineering experience preferably in the offshore oil and gas industry.
In Tullow, all individuals are treated fairly and respectfully, and everyone has equal access opportunities and resources to enable them to contribute to Tullow’s overall success.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.