Reliability Engineer - Newmont Mining CorporationEngineering Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Eastern Region 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Founded in 1921 and publicly traded since 1925, Newmont ( www.newmont.com ) is one of the largest gold companies in the world. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, the company has approximately 24,000 employees and contractors, with the majority working at Newmont’s core operations in the United States, Australia, Ghana, Peru and Suriname.
Newmont is the only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index and in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through high standards in environmental management, health and safety for its employees and creating value and opportunity for host communities and shareholders.
About This Role
- Ensure fixed/mobile Asset Management site and center teams are supported to make key maintenance decisions through best-in-class asset strategies, life cycle cost modelling, and execution of reliability principles.
- Deliver insights into equipment reliability, risk mitigation, operate for reliability, and loss prevention initiatives.
- Execute reliability programs across Newmont’s fixed/mobile Asset Management function including defect elimination and operate for reliability.
- Support the establishment of Global focused Asset Management technical trends and thought leadership both internally and externally.
- Communicate Asset Management and reliability best practices and technical vision across Newmont portfolio.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
In This Role You Will
Deliver best practices for reliability initiatives at Newmont.
- Execute the Operate for Reliability (O4R) program with Operations.
- Own fixed/mobile Asset Management Defect Elimination program, ensuring reliability and defect elimination principles are ingrained across the AM value chain.
- Use formal root cause analysis approach to determine effective solutions and ensure learnings are shared across the portfolio to drive rapid replication of best practice.
- Continuous analysis of maintenance data to determine potential improvements across all AM elements, e.g., Work Management, Materials Management, etc.
Lead and oversee Life Cycle Cost Modelling and Asset Strategies
- Develop Life Cycle Cost profiles and finalize Life Cycle
- Cost Models to evaluate different scenarios and provide recommendations on decisions regarding asset design, purchase, maintenance, and replacement.
- Collaborate with capital projects teams regarding Design for Reliability, Operability and Maintainability (DROM), and Operational Readiness
- Review and optimize asset strategies using detailed RCM or PMO methodologies.
- Collaborate with AM Strategic Planning group to determine asset criticality and prioritize strategy development.
- Identify critical spares and provide recommendations regarding stock levels.
- Ensure development of appropriate risk mitigation plans for critical equipment.
Safety and Health
- Demonstrate proactive leadership in achieving a global Newmont culture of safety and health.
- Actively promote Newmont’s safety standards and improvement initiatives.
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- ERP system experience desirable
- Strong understanding of reliability principles and data-driven insights
- Strong understanding in time accounting and downtime analysis
- Strong understanding in Defect analysis process
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in heavy industry.
- Experience in utilizing data insights and analysis to drive key business and improvement decisions.
- Experience with manual and computerized maintenance planning systems.
- Experience with change, communication, and knowledge management methodologies
- Experience in implementing Asset Management principles and best practices.
- Experience using analytical tools and processes that improve Asset Management performance, reliability and safety, reducing operating costs and maximizing return on assets.
- Experience with root cause analysis and development of effective solutions to reduce losses.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and ability to drive performance improvement initiatives in a complex and global organization.
- Ability to quickly assess information to diagnose problems and opportunities, with a track record of strong professional judgement and critical thinking.
- Ability to manage tasks both in-person and virtually
- Ability to manage and influence stakeholders across different functions.
- Demonstrated ability to create data-driven business decisions.
- Ability to work flexibly to meet the frequent out of normal office hours requirements of leading a global team and project.
- Deadline Driven.
- Follow through.
- Goal oriented.
- Takes initiative.
- Lateral thinking.
- Quality oriented.
- Safety conscious.
- Team player.
- Technically inclined.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.