Reliability Engineer - Newmont Mining CorporationEngineering Jobs In Ghana 2024
Jobs In Brong Ahafo Region 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry-leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
About This Role
- Ensure fixed/mobile Asset Management site and center teams are supported to make key maintenance decisions through best-in-class asset strategies, life cycle cost modelling, and execution of reliability principles.
- Deliver insights into equipment reliability, risk mitigation, operate for reliability, and loss prevention initiatives.
- Execute reliability programs across Newmont’s fixed/mobile Asset Management function including defect elimination and operate for reliability.
- Support the establishment of Global focused Asset Management technical trends and thought leadership both internally and externally.
- Communicate Asset Management and reliability best practices and technical vision across Newmont portfolio.
In This Role You Will
Lead and oversee Life Cycle Cost Modelling and Asset Strategies
- Develop Life Cycle Cost profiles and finalize Life Cycle
- Cost Models to evaluate different scenarios and provide recommendations on decisions regarding asset design, purchase, maintenance, and replacement.
- Collaborate with capital projects teams regarding Design for Reliability, Operability and Maintainability (DROM), and Operational Readiness
- Review and optimize asset strategies using detailed Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) or Planned Maintenance Optimization (PMO) methodologies.
- Collaborate with Asset Management Strategic Planning group to determine asset criticality and prioritize strategy development.
- Identify critical spares and provide recommendations regarding stock levels.
- Ensure development of appropriate risk mitigation plans for critical equipment.
Deliver best practices for reliability initiatives at Newmont.
- Execute the Operate for Reliability (O4R) program with Operations.
- Own fixed/mobile Asset Management Defect Elimination program, ensuring reliability and defect elimination principles are ingrained across the Asset Management value chain.
- Use formal root cause analysis approach to determine effective solutions and ensure learnings are shared across the portfolio to drive rapid replication of best practice.
- Continuous analysis of maintenance data to determine potential improvements across all Asset Management elements, e.g., Work Management, Materials Management, etc.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Safety and Health
- Demonstrate proactive leadership in achieving a global Newmont culture of safety and health.
- Actively promote Newmont’s safety standards and improvement initiatives
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- ERP system experience desirable.
- Strong understanding of reliability principles and data-driven insights
- Strong understanding in time accounting and downtime analysis
- Strong understanding in Defect analysis process
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in heavy industry.
- Experience in utilizing data insights and analysis to drive key business and improvement decisions.
- Experience with manual and computerized maintenance planning systems.
- Experience with change, communication, and knowledge management methodologies
- Experience in implementing Asset Management principles and best practices.
- Experience using analytical tools and processes that improve Asset Management performance, reliability and safety, reducing operating costs and maximizing return on assets.
- Experience with root cause analysis and development of effective solutions to reduce losses.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and ability to drive performance improvement initiatives in a complex and global organization.
- Ability to quickly assess information to diagnose problems and opportunities, with a track record of strong professional judgement and critical thinking.
- Ability to manage tasks both in-person and virtually
- Ability to manage and influence stakeholders across different functions.
- Demonstrated ability to create data-driven business decisions.
- Ability to work flexibly to meet the frequent out-of-normal office hours requirements of leading a global team and project.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.