Accountant - WANEP GhanaAccounting Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Tamale, Northern Region 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The West Africa Network for Peacebuilding, Ghana (WANEP-Ghana) is a non-profit making peacebuilding Non-Governmental Organization (NGO). It is a civil society institution meant to prevent, resolve, and transform violent conflicts through collective and coordinated efforts of NGOs, local and national state institutions as well as individuals actively engaged in peacebuilding practice in Ghana in order to avoid the duplication of efforts and maximize resources for more effective responses to conflict situations.
The organization seeks to facilitate the creation of a sustainable culture of non-violence, justice, peace and social reconciliation in Ghanaian communities.
- Department: Accounts
- Location: WANEP-Ghana, Tamale
- Immediate Supervisor: Grants & Finance Manager
- Tenure: One (1) year, renewable
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The staff technically manages the day-to-day Finances of WANEP- Ghana and reports directly to the Grants and Finance Manager. s/he is responsible for and leads in the review of financial records to ensure compliance and also meet acceptable standards.
Specifically, the staff will
- Prepare financial statements, reports and Project/program forecasts according to the annual financial plan.
- Record and document all daily transactions within the monthly financial cycle.
- Providing financial reports and interpreting financial information to managerial staff while recommending further courses of action.
- Ensure that the organization’s financial records and recordkeeping methods are following applicable standards and regulations of donors.
- Ensure the risk reduction and control requirements are adhered to the very minimum level, support documentation is in place and processes followed according to all policies and procedures.
- Conduct reviews and evaluations of staff advances and liquidation
- Ensure effectiveness for audits and internal control.
- Take a lead in the organizational budgeting cycle as schedule requires.
- Lead the implementation, maintenance, procurement, and operations processes.
- Assist Grants and Finance Manager and Finance Team in all aspects of project accounting and financial management.
- Ensure that incurred costs are allowable, allocable, and reasonable in accordance with USAID cost principles.
- Prepare and process timely financial reporting using Tally and Quickbooks
- Prepare and submit all tax withholdings (payroll income tax, deduction at source) to relevant parties.
- Prepare payroll and ensure allocation of payroll costs to appropriate projects and general ledger accounts.
- Work closely with internal and external auditors during field program audits
- Support Grants and Finance Manager and Finance Team as a liaison to other administrative and technical components to manage project financial budgeting and expenditure progress.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
Required Skills or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field required.
- Part 2 of ICA or ACCA
- Masters in Accounting, Business Administration, and Commerce
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience in Accounting
- Experience in multiple donor accounting and compliance requirements
- Experience in USAID rules and regulations is an added advantage
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Good budgeting skills and budget analysis
- Knowledge in the use of Quickbooks and Tally Accounting Software
- Must be conversant with the use of Microsoft office tools and Internet.
- Must be peace, cultural and gender sensitive both in communicating and reporting.
- Must be result oriented but adoptive person.
- Strong and flexible team leader able to inspire and lead team in an empowering manner.
- Willing to work outside normal working hours and ability to deliver results in good time
- Experience in mentoring other staff, training and workshop facilitation
- Must have an eye to detail
- Integrity and Accountability
- Diversity and Respect
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.