Light Vehicle (Auto) Mechanic - Underground Mining AllianceEngineering Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Obuasi 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Underground Mining Alliance Ltd. (“UMA”) is a Joint Venture between African Underground Mining Services Limited (AUMS) and Rocksure International carrying out underground development and production works for the AngloGold Ashanti (Obuasi) Mine.
UMA is seeking to employ qualified and experienced persons to fill the following position. These are Obuasi based Fixed Term Contract position with a competitive work roster at its operation in Obuasi. Remuneration package includes attractive salary and performance-based incentive payments for the right candidate.
The positions will provide you with an excellent opportunity to further develop your career in underground mechanised mining while working alongside experienced industry professionals in a safe, dynamic and outcome focused environment.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Repair and maintenance of light fleet vehicles, light machinery, minor and associated equipment to meet specified standards, timeframes and in the most cost-effective manner according to maintenance schedules.
- To operate equipment efficiently and safely to ensure satisfactory completion of assigned duties
- Assure quality of work is performed to a high standard in accordance with expected standards.
- Perform all functions included in the above duties and responsibilities with due regard to the health, safety and the environment
Required Skills or Experience
- Minimum of three (1) years hands-on experience in the light fleet vehicle mechanical field and in a mechanized mine operating Underground Haulage equipment.
- Recognized Auto Mechanical Trade Certificate through a recognized apprenticeship or institution or Minerals Commission (MINCOM) Certification.
- Underground mining experience will be an added advantage.
- Positive attitude & ability to work independently with a proactive attitude toward safety and hazard identification.
- Must possess a valid Ghanaian driving and operating licenses (C & E Classes) and can drive underground.
- Flexibility and willingness to assist with varied tasks and responsibilities
- Must demonstrate strong work ethics and be able to communicate courteously with co-workers.
- Ability to work under pressure and have the desire to learn and achieve.
- Ability to workday and night rotation
- Good verbal and written communication in English
- Good hands-on knowledge of auto mechanical systems.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.