Credit Officer - BRAC Ghana Savings & LoansAccounting Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Ghana 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
A reputable financial institution seeks a qualified Credit Officer.
Duty Station: Amasaman, Ofankor,Nsawam, Winneba, Swedru, Mankesim,Cape coast, Assin-Fossu and Twifo-praso
To help program for smooth cash and bank transaction and Record keeping
Survey of the working area:
- Conduct 15-20 household surveys per day while opening a new branch
- Identify potential clients based on surveys results
- Demarcate the working area for proposed group
Formation of small group and large group:
- Discuss with the identified target members in small groups
- Formation of small groups each consisting of five members
- Select a small group leader for each small group
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Form a large group management committee
- Give a two-week orientation for large group
- Collect member admission fee from the members as per BRAC Ghana circular
- Fill in the group member admission data in the mobile phone/tab and sync whenever possible
- Fix meeting date time and place
- Form a group with a minimum of 15 members for MF and 10members for Agri-Finance, and a maximum 30 members for MF and 20 for a Agri Finance
- Arrange admission of new members if a group becomes too small due to drop out or other reasons
- Meeting related responsibilities
- Conduct two to three groups meetings per day
- Timetable for conducting meetings
- Reach the meeting place 15 minutes before the group meeting begins
- Organize the floor mat before the meeting commences
- Arrange the group members in U-shape according to small groups
- Take attendance list in register
- Discuss general issues about loans and any other issues
- Collect weekly installment deposits from small group leaders through the concerned cashier collect signatures in the table /mobile device
- Return to the office after completing the group meetings by 1.30pm
- Where the group is nearby the office, credit officer shall deposit the money collected to office before moving to another group (To avoid robbery risk)
- Staff should follow safety and security guideline while transporting money
Loan proposal and disbursement related
- Ensure member’s loan proposals are discussed in the group meetings
- Acceptance of loan proposal through verbal votes in presence of the group members
- Credit officer will fill all loan data such as loan applications, guarantor from DP Notes etc. In digital system.
- Fix a disbursement date after verifying loan application and inform the member accordingly
- Be present in person on disbursement day participate in disbursement process
Loan recovery related:
- Credit officer must attend weekly/bi-weekly /monthly group meetings and should ensure 100% recovery of loan installments.
- Deposit collected money to Branch Accountant and ensure writing this amount in the DCR and put signature in the DCR
- If any installment is missed in the morning group meeting, initiate collection of the installment in the afternoon through borrowers /small group leaders house visit.
- Initiate collection of late and NIBL installments in the afternoon along with current overdue collection
- Initiate the recovery of loans for written-off client’s, should they wish to come back to BRAC as clients
- Be present in the weekly staff meetings.
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly reports.
- Follow BRAC Human Resources Policies and Procedures.
- Efficiently execute other responsibilities given by the senior management. • Always adhere to the Code of Conduct for Microfinance staff and treat clients respectfully.
- Strive to provide the best quality service to the client and at field and at the brunch office.
- Listen to client’s complaints/concerns/opinions carefully and take appropriate measures.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Establish a safeguarding culture across all level of the programme by implementing the safeguarding policy. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
- Responsible to ensure team members are appropriately trained, supported and have access to resources regarding issues that are identified and actioned in accordance with the safeguarding policy and procedure.
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
Required Skills or Experience
- Minimum qualification: Higher National Diploma in Business or any related field
- at least 2 years working experience.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.