Stores Officer - Underground Mining AllianceSupply Chain/Logistics/Warehousing Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Obuasi 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Underground Mining Alliance Ltd. (“UMA”) is a Joint Venture between African Underground Mining Services Limited (AUMS) and Rocksure International carrying out underground development and production works for the AngloGold Ashanti (Obuasi) Mine.
UMA is seeking to employ qualified, experienced, and motivated Store Officer to join our Supply Chain & Logistics Team. This is Obuasi based Fixed Term position with a competitive work roster at its operations in Obuasi. Remuneration package includes attractive salary and performance-based incentive payments for the right candidates.
The position will provide you with an excellent opportunity to further develop your career in underground mining while working alongside experienced industry professionals in a safe, dynamic and outcome focused environment.
Position Summary:Store Officer
Reporting to the Senior Store Supervisor, the incumbent will be responsible for maintaining inventories, ordering new items, placing products on shelves, pulling out expired items, keeping records of transferred merchandise, and keeping stores policies and procedures updated on an ongoing basis.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Check off shipments from shipping reports.
- Attend pre-shift briefing and daily safety meetings.
- Check off local orders against delivery dockets.
- Label items with stock codes and descriptions during the receipting process / binning of stock
- Serve customers at the Warehouse counter, laydown Yards and surrounding containers.
- Undertake weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly stock and/or counts.
- Undertake housekeeping at Receival Bay, Warehouse and Laydown Yards
- Cover the counter while the Counter Store Person is at lunch.
- Complete Stop Work In Control (SWIC) Job Safety Analysis (JSA) and/or Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) before starting new activities or working in a new work area as required.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (Logistics and Supply Chain Management) from a recognized university
- A minimum of two (2) years progressively responsible experience in a similar role, preferably in a gold mining environment.
- Strong customer service focus and ability to work well with people from varied backgrounds and cultures at all levels.
- Ability to multitask and work within deadlines.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft applications, including Excel, Word, & Outlook.
- Strong knowledge and experienced in use of Pronto MMS particularly Warehousing functions.
- Must have knowledge in handling dangerous goods, Safety Data Sheet (SDS) or Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) Documents
- Must be able to operate forklift using Integrated Tool (IT) and Manitou.
- Must be experienced in loading and unloading deliveries including containers, pallets, drums, and ground support.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.