Underground Surveyor - Underground Mining AllianceMining Jobs In Ghana 2024
Jobs In Obuasi 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Underground Mining Alliance Ltd. (“UMA”) is a Joint Venture between African Underground Mining Services Limited (AUMS) and Rocksure International carrying out underground development and production works for the AngloGold Ashanti (Obuasi) Mine.
UMA is seeking to employ qualified, experienced, and motivated Surveyor to join our Survey Team. These are Obuasi based Fixed Term positions with a competitive work roster at its operations in Obuasi. Remuneration package includes attractive salary and performance-based incentive payments for the right candidates.
The positions will provide you with an excellent opportunity to further develop your career in underground mechanised mining while working alongside experienced industry professionals in a safe, dynamic and outcome focused environment.
Reporting to the Senior Underground Surveyor, the Underground Surveyor will be required to support the Senior Surveyor in the delivery of UMA sites survey requirements.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Must ensure that company safety standards and policies are followed
- Ensure work area is safe for personnel and equipment to perform working duties;
- Accurately designing and marking development and production drilling holes to desired patterns;
- Assess ground conditions at the face and implement ground control as per site requirements;
- Conduct survey pick-ups, CMS, Gyro Survey, stakeouts and other underground surveys;
- Maintenance of survey database and equipment;
- Liaising with all departments to ensure an effective and efficient operation;
- Continually implementing improvement initiatives within the survey team;
- Comply with relevant Mines Safety and Inspection Acts and Regulations;
- Capable of working autonomously, but equally a strong team player within the survey department.
Required Skills or Experience
- Tertiary qualification in Geomatic Engineering from a recognized university
- Minimum of two (2) years’ underground mining experience in a similar position
- Hands-on Surpac experience in an added advantage
- Must be conversant with the Mining Act and related regulations of the Republic of Ghana.
- Must possess a valid Ghanaian driving and operating license (C - Classes)
- Must have the ability to drive a manual SUV.
- Previous experience working in Hard Rock Underground Mines (with International Underground Mining experience);
- Ability to work autonomously/independently with limited supervision;
- Demonstrated abilities to work within a team environment with leadership abilities;
- A strong focus toward safety and hazard identification;
- Must demonstrate strong work ethics and be able to communicate courteously with co-workers;
- Ability to work under pressure and have the desire to achieve;
- Ability to work day and night rotation
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.