Accountant - Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day SaintsAccounting Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
This position is an entry level professional accounting position and requires a firm understanding and application of financial principles in working with specialized accounting records, reports and programs and assisting in the day-to-day maintenance of a complete and accurate general ledger and preparation of basic financial reports.
Incumbents typically work under close supervision and within a firm set of guidelines and policies while gaining an understanding of Church accounting systems. Any decision outside of well-defined guidelines and policies are referred to the supervisor or to a more senior level accountant.
- Manage vendor invoice payments including cheques and wire/ACH payments
- Reconcile accounts, bank statements, review reconciliations, and make sure that all outstanding items are properly cleared after each pay cycle
- Oversee account payable ensuring all processes are completed timely and accurately and has proper approvals
- Assist with general treasury functions to ensure all bank accounts are fully funded
- Assist with year-end closing and audit processes
- Assist with setting up new bank accounts
- Work closely with local unit teams to ensure timely and accurate update of local units’ banks operations
- Work closely with other departments to create weekly and monthly cash forecasts and reports
- Perform banking operations including transaction recording, processing, deposits, withdrawals, and cash management
- Perform other accounting duties as assigned
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance or business management.
- A minimum of two (2) – four (4) years of professional accounting experience, including the use of accounting systems, is required for this position
- ACCA, CA or CIMA designation (or partly qualified) is a plus
- Demonstrate well-grounded knowledge and understanding of accounting theory, principles, and Church accounting systems
- Must be able to operate a personal computer and have knowledge of Microsoft Office applications especially word processing and spreadsheet programs
- Must be able to learn new software
- Excellent analytical, planning, and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including fluency in English
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to demonstrate courtesy, diplomacy, tact, and effectiveness in dealing with others in everyday working relationship
- Must be a member of the Church and worthy of a temple recommend
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.