Administrative and Grants Officer - Palladium GroupAdministrative/Secretarial Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Palladium is an international company working across 90 countries to create a positive impact for communities, businesses, societies, and economies. In Ghana, Palladium manages the USAID-funded PROPEL Health project to improve the enabling environment for equitable and sustainable health services, supplies, and delivery systems through policy development and implementation; adequate, predictable, and sustainable health financing; enhanced government stewardship, transparency, and accountability; and use of evidence-based advocacy approaches at global, national, and subnational levels to promote best practices.
It focuses on family planning/reproductive health (FP/RH), and the integration of FP/RH with HIV and maternal and child health (MCH) with a lens to enable economic empowerment and positive youth development. Our transformational technical strategy prioritizes localizing policy, advocacy, financing, and governance (PAFG) leadership, technical assistance, and capacity development to enhance resilience and sustainability. The project actively supports USAID’s localization strategy by drawing on local actors to co-create our country designs and lead implementation, monitoring, and evaluation.
Primary Duties And Responsibilities
The Administrative and Grants Officer will support PROPEL Health Ghana and is responsible for supporting the operations team with duties ranging from office administration/operations, logistics, travel, and procurement.? In addition, the officer will also support the project with the management of grants over the life of the project. The position will report to the PROPEL West Africa Administrative and Contracts Manager under the general oversight responsibility of the Project Country Lead.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Provide support in recruitment process, help track and maintain leave database and closing balances of leave to ensure they are current and accurate.
- Provide administrative support including translation, maintenance of diaries, scheduling and arranging meetings, travel arrangements, events/meeting organization etc., to ensure efficient operation of the country program
- Support management and maintenance of office and program database in SharePoint system to ensure critical documents and files are regularly saved electronically
- Assist with timesheet management of in-country staff to hold them accountable to signing timesheets by corporate deadlines and ensuring no suspense hours are booked
- Other related duties and tasks as assigned
- In consultation with the West Africa Administrative and Contracts Manager, assist the project team in the procurement of consultants, vendors, and contractors, including market surveys to identify supply source of items, evaluation of the quotations, negotiations with vendors/service providers; follow-up and liaise with vendors/service providers to ensure timely delivery of services and goods
- In consultation with the West Administrative and Contracts Manager, support the project team follows company policies, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), project processes and donor regulations when hiring consultants, vendors, and contractors
- Work to liaise the project team and HQ Operations team to process contracts, agreements, grants, purchase orders and all other procurements and leases.
- Help keep track of deliverable due dates and contract expiry dates, and timely inform Technical Monitors and HQ team for contract extensions
- Help maintain and update separate folders for each of the procurements. Keep records of important information, documents and deliverables related to consultants, sub-contractors/grantees, and vendors for future audit purposes, such as selection, contracts and modifications, deliverables, invoices, and close outs
- Send reviewed and approved deliverables/invoices to the Finance Officer and Finance Manager to process payments
- Other related duties and tasks as assigned.
- Assist in coordination with technical staff to develop RFA and prepare documentation for grant evaluation and approvals
- Assist in advertising RFA, facilitate the analysis and evaluation of grant applications with the review team, and issue pre-approved grants that adheres to PROPEL Health Grants Manual
- Support the start-up and closeout of PROPEL Health Kenya grants over the life of the project
- Assist in ensuring appropriate documentation is completed and on file to guarantee grant file audit readiness
- Assist in grantee training as needed, including capacity building for potential grantee organizations, and knowledge transfer for internal project staff
- Remain knowledgeable of updates and revisions to the PROPEL Health’s Grants Manual
- Assist in monitoring payment of grant milestones to ensure compliance with workplan and milestones and monitor the projected expenditures against their actual expenses
- Assist in screening selected grantees/subawardees through Refinitiv WorldCheck, Sam.Gov, OFAC, and UN Sanctioned List
- Any other grants/subawards duties and tasks as assigned.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business administration, economics, statistics, or relevant field; at least 4 years relevant work experience, or related field or equivalent experience. Master’s degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage.
Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in administrative, operations, procurement, and office management with an international organization preferably a USAID-funded project
- Knowledge of USG procurement principles
- Sound financial and accounting skills
- Knowledge and understanding of grants management
- Previous experience in program operational areas – administrative/operations, procurement, and grants
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in team-based environment
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Fluent in English
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.