Security Manager - Innovations for Poverty ActionSecurtity/Law Enforcement Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Ghana 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is hiring a Security Manager, Africa. This Security Manager will be responsible for the overall management and implementation of the organization’s security policies at the regional level. Assist in developing and managing the organization’s safety and security strategy and policies to ensure high performance. Lead in the implementation at the regional level across existing Country Offices as well as assist in the scoping of S&S matter for potential new Country Offices.
The Security Manager will provide hands-on support to Country Office leadership in assessing and managing the S&S situation related to existing and upcoming projects. Responsible for providing security coordination for members of the organization’s Senior Management Team in response to incidents, emergencies, and crises on behalf of the organization.
The Security Manager may serve as the primary advisor to the Country Director or Program Director regarding security matters. Conduct training on site for employees and facilitate development and implementation of country security management plans. The position reports to the Snr. Director, Global Operations.
- Lead by example, modelling IPA' s culture and values, and fostering an environment of teamwork, accountability, creativity, and innovation.
- Contribute to the development of contextualized IPA' s security priorities ensuring that regional safety operations and compliance considerations are property built into local plans and budgets.
- Model the highest standards of integrity and communication both internally with IPA teams and externally with local and regional stakeholders, partners, and funders.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- In collaboration with the Sr. Director, Global Operations, produce, roll out and maintain updated safety and security SOPSs for employees, ensuring compliance to the organization's global safety and security standards.
- Conduct threat and risk assessments of country specific and regional risk environment, support procurement of consulting services as needed, and provide recommendations for context specific security management requirements to senior management.
- Maintain and/or create a travel management system to track the location and contact information for all visiting employees and consultants.
- Serve as the part of the security unit, coordinator emergency/employees incidents involving employees and assets, inform senior management and recommend response actions.
- Draft security advisories with advice on mitigation for circulation to senior management on general situation, specific incidents, and periods of heightened threat.
- Establish a network with other key security players for information sharing and joint lobbying on security matters where possible.
- Work with the security focal points to conduct hotel assessments in liaison with the travel management company for a safety and security approval process.
- In collaboration with SFP s and CDs, plan for both security and medical evacuation for all locations and develop evacuation plan including roles, relocated employees, collection points, routes etc.
- Provide technical security advice in consultation with senior management on the existing and any new potential offices including site selection and establishment of effective physical and procedural security measures.
- Stays abreast of social, cultural, legal, and criminal issues, nationally and internationally, and their impact on the organization and its business.
Support Regional Coordination
- Assist the Africa and other field offices in developing and overseeing the day-to-day conduct of office security program, ensuring adequate responses to security incidents both natural and man-made.
- Work with the security focal points to maintain and periodically test the security tree for the offices in region covered.
- Establish and ensure all security management components including incident reporting and trend analysis inform program design, implementation, employees' movement, and contingency responses.
Capacity-Building and Training
- Identify, establish, and manage context appropriate approaches to assure facilities and assets are secure.
- Conduct onsite and online training for employees in the field of safety including personal safety, emergency evacuations, travel safety, relocation, and evacuation, etc .
- Typically requires a minimum of 5+ years experience designing and coordinating security for international organizations working in high-risk contexts;
- Substantial and documented, prior experience as a trainer and training skills - the ability to develop, implement, facilitate, and impart learning to a wide range of audiences.
- High level of experience, ready to learn developing security related technical tools guidelines and systems as well as able to work under minimal supervision
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Experience operating in unsecured environments.
- Understanding of principles and code of conduct associated with a specific sector and/or sub-sector of work such as, development, humanitarian, etc. linked to NGO contexts.
- Effective and clear communicator, ability to collaborate across teams and geographies and Initiates and skilled in interdisciplinary problem solving.
- Ability to gain a precise understanding of the various local, regional, country, and international policies, operational positions, and interactions, providing clear dynamic briefings and analysis of given and unfolding security and political situations when they occur.
- Strong assessment, evaluation, analysis, and strategic planning and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and work under stressful conditions.
- Understanding of the Sub-Saharan political, contextual, and ethical issues in assigned areas.
- Previous experience interacting with local government agencies, and other foreign agencies to implement security strategies and procedures relating to S&S matters.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English.
- Bachelor's Degree or its International Equivalent in Criminal Justice, Security Administration or Related Field.
- Prior experience in multiple geographic locations preferred.
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO), government agency, or private company of progressive program management experience in humanitarian assistance or related industry experience in a relevant technical area.
- Good Knowledge of French
- ASIS Certified Protection Professional (CPP) designation preferred.
- Experience in developing security strategies for humanitarian operations, previous security experience preferred.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.