Utilities Engineer - UnileverEngineering Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Tema 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
MAIN JOB PURPOSE:
To ensure efficient management and distribution of steam, compressed air and water and ensures equipment reliability of same through periodic maintenance of Factory site Plant and equipment.
Under general direction, schedules, coordinates and provides field supervision of activities and staff responsible for one or more utilities operations functions related of the water distribution, steam, compressed air, fire-hydrant and wastewater systems, controls, materials, and supplies; prepares plans and specifications; manages contracts for servicing & maintenance of above systems.
JOB SUMMARY / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Liaises with Area engineers and production managers to ensure steam and compressed air is released as and when required.
- Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in maintaining plant utility systems, such as electrical wiring and control systems, heating, ventilating, water supply, steam generating, compressing air, effluent treatment, and related pipe systems.
- Inspects above systems to determine preventative maintenance needs.
- Determines and keeps inventory of critical parts/items to facilitate maintenance of plant and buildings, while keeping stocks value in check.
- Ensures On-site management of third-party service providers/suppliers of relevant services related to steam are kept and payments are effected.
- Leads the preparation of plans, specifications, administration of contracts for the maintenance of utility generation & distribution and wastewater systems.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Maintains records and prepares reports. Responsible for all legal and statutory compliances for utilities systems, due inspections and certifications on time and ensures recommendations raised are closed.
- Coordinates with Governmental organizations like Ghana water, and other service Providers and Kpong Head works to anticipate water shortages, water interruptions, and make provision for water for factory operations to go on without interruption.
- Ensures management of SHE aspects, Risk assessment, Hazards, non-conformances, operational controls, emergency procedures and SHE awareness of Boiler Technicians.
- Track energy consumption of site and plants to control consumption and drive energy reduction projects to annual savings
- Leads staff performance evaluation, and employee development; participates in employee selection, disciplinary action, and complaint resolution. Provide for the training of assigned personnel in work methods, use of tools and equipment and safety practices.
- BSc Mechanical Engineering.
- Computer literate – Master in Excel and Power Point Presentations.
- Must be conversant with Biomass and Oil Fed Boilers and supervised or operated boilers with at least 4 or 5 years working experience.
- Conversant in risk assessment, Hazop in the boiler house and is safety conscious and must guarantee the safety of personnel and property.
- Is conversant with water treatment in boilers.
- Is conversant with air compressors and diagnostics.
- Age between 25 to 35 years
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.