Head of Project Development - Robert WaltersAdministrative/Secretarial Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Ghana 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The role will require exceptional commerciality and a solution-oriented attitude, with experience of delivering complex projects alongside multiple stakeholders and an understanding of processes and sensitivities around land acquisition.
- Sourcing degraded land for tropical forest restoration across Ghana, Sierra Leone, Ivory Coast and other high priority countries
- Negotiating and securing large-scale (10,000 ha+) land concessions for tropical forest restoration from governments, traditional authorities and local communities
- Negotiating benefit sharing agreements with governments, traditional authorities and local communities to ensure equitable and fair sharing of project benefits in a structure that reflects the risk/reward profile of our investment
- Taking new country operations from zero to one – setting up new country entities and securing, where required, the necessary government agreements to start operations
- Collaborating with technical experts on the production of feasibility studies and project design documents for successful project submissions and verifications
- Leading a growing project development team and coordinating the development of several projects alongside one another, including setting work plans, schedules, budgets and deliverables
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Experience working with government and other stakeholders in Africa, with a preference for West Africa experience. Examples of past engagement at a senior governmental level in Africa
- Ability to source, digest and interpret information across a range of disciplines (country legal frameworks, scientific and socio-economic data etc.)
- Major project development and management experience – having sourced and developed a large project such as in agriculture, renewables, a government programme
- Experience negotiating complex agreements with governments, communities or private groups
- A willingness to travel to remote locations to deliver results on the ground – you will have to jump in a pick-up truck to visit potential forest restoration sites.
- Strong relationship skills and the charisma required to build the high-level relationships needed to succeed – you should not be intimidated meeting high level political figures if required
- Educated to degree level or higher in a relevant field
- Fluency in English (+ French preferred)
If you meet the above requirements, do not hesitate to apply for this role as the Head of Project Development« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.