Network Engineer - ARB Apex BankIT Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
ARB Apex Bank invites applications from highly skilled and qualified applicants for the following vacancy: Network Engineer
- To configure, monitor and manage the local and Wide Area Networks of the bank and RCBs to ensure maximum uptime for users
- Responsible for designing system configurations, documenting and managing the installation of a new network and maintaining and upgrading existing systems as necessary
- Install, configure and manage all local and wide area network devices including but not limited to (Radio/Fibre equipment, Satellite,routers, switches, firewalls, access points, PAIIX system et)
- Participate in ad hoc projects assigned by management from time to time
- Review business systems to determine and document their bandwifth requirements
- Provide technical assistance to users who need help using deployed network infrastructure
- Provide training and training materials for systems administration to enable them to support users
- Analyse and review the network infrastructure logs and alerts to identify potential problems ad resolve them
- Ensure a backup of all network devices configuration is available on demand on the department network drive
- Monitor SLA with network and Telecommunication providers and provide monthly performance report
- Ensure availability and reliability of primary and disaster recovery network infrastructure device on a daily basis
- Ensure compliance with IT standards, policies and procedures in all network infrustructure systems
- Assign and update network infrastructure systems and user security profiles as required by policy
- Provide ongoing support of and users through troubleshooting and problem solving of assigned helpdesk tickets
- Update all Helpdesk tickets with current status every two days especially tickets with external consultants
- Lead the implementation and testing to ensure that newly setup networks produces the expected results
- Research technological innovations, network design models and industry best practices
- Monitor UPS system reports for preemlive maintenance
- Provide relevant management information reports on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis
- Research and provide innovative solutions to improve the bank’s systems and processes
- Ensure monthly performance reviews are held with supervisor by last working day of the month
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Qualification Required & Experience
- Minimum of First Degree in Computer Science, information systems or in a related field from a recognised university with at least 3 years post-qualification relevant experience
- Must possess CCNA or equivalent professional certification and understanding of networking protocols
- Experience with ICT, including online portals infranels, collaborative workspaces and/or other internet-based knowledge management tools
- Experience working in a team-oriented and collaborative environment
- Highly self-motivated, self-oriented and attentive to details
- Experience in a banking environment will be a plus
Location: Accra« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.