Locum Telemedicine Midwife (Coordinator Level) - Marie Stopes GhanaHealthcare Jobs In Ghana 2024
Jobs In Accra 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Marie Stopes International Ghana (MSIG), a branch of MSI Reproductive Choices global partnership is the leading Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights organisation in Ghana providing high quality, safe services, and advocacy to create an enabling environment, so every client has access to safe services when and where they are needed.
MSIG has a vacancy for a passion driven, well-organised, client-oriented and energetic individual with the below relevant qualification/s and experience. MSIG’s goal is to meet the needs of the underserved and improve access to the use of Family Planning (FP) and other Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH) services. At MSI Reproductive Choices we are unapologetically pro-choice. We believe that every woman has the right to make choices about her own body and her own future.
Length of Contract : Variable Contract (Renewable)
Location : Accra
The Locum Telemedicine Midwife will primarily be responsible for providing high quality core MSIG clinical services for clients who call the Contact Centre, Accra for Telemed consultation on MA and FP services. She will also be required to support the centre of excellence in which she will be working to maintain high quality clinical service’s and to promote a congenial and professional atmosphere towards all clients. The Locum Telemed Midwife will report to the respective Contact Centre Manager
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Efficiently provide remote clinical advice over the phone for Medical Abortion, Family Planning, Fertility management and STI management services to women and adolescents seeking care.
- Promote and maintain a welcoming, friendly, professional, and efficient atmosphere towards all prospective telemedicine client to always ensure high client satisfaction.
- Counsel and assist telemedicine clients to make informed of their Pregnancy options, FP/SRH choices when necessary.
- Ensure that clinical complications for telemedicine clients are minimized or professionally managed when they occur.
- Support the Contact centre agents with accurate clinical information and training at the contact centre in collaboration with the Contact Centre Manager when necessary.
- Enter all telemedicine client details as accurately as possible in the organisation Electronic Health Record system and other MSIG database as required.
- Showcase the best-in-class telephone manners during Telemedicine consultations with clients over the phone.
- Keep and manage records of all Telemedicine consultations
- Provide core and non-core MSIG Clinical services including: STI management, Cervical Cancer Screening in the centre of excellence when applicable.
- Represent MSIG during media interviews to disseminate stories on the impact of the organisation and provide medical information on Core and non-core services rendered by MSG channels.
- Support the social media team with vetting of medical contents and playing/acting the role of medical advisor in the production of videos for digital media.
Required Skills or Experience
- Must have a recognized clinical qualification Diploma or Degree in Midwifery.
- Must be registered with a recognized local clinical professional body in Ghana and be of good Standing
Skills and Experience:
- At least Three (3) years post-graduation experience in a Midwifery position
- Experience in delivering Sexual and Reproductive Health services.
- Be well versed in Ghana Health Service clinical policies, protocols, and standards
- Excellent provider-client interaction skills
- Work experience with Ghana Health Service and/or an INGO
- Confident, Articulate, and analytical with attention to detail
- Some knowledge of telemedicine health delivery system in Ghana
- Must be multi-skilled and able to work with minimum supervision.
- High communication skills and experience with handling multimedia interviews.
- Sympathetic to women and men seeking Family Planning and Reproductive Health services
- Pro-choice and pro-family planning
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Contact Centre or customer service experience will be a plus
- Be able to work on own initiative and at longer periods.
- Customer focused with good interpersonal skills to engage with people at all levels – government, donor, and community
- Passionate about maternal health and the vulnerable
- Motivates team members to deliver high quality service and result
- Team player, self-motivator and able to motivate others to achieve results.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.