Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist - Ghana Center for Democratic DevelopmentMonitoring & Evaluation Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Ghana Center for Democratic Development (CDD-Ghana) is an independent, not-for-profit civil society organization that has been working since 1998 to advance democracy, good governance, and inclusive development in Ghana and the rest of Africa through research, analysis, advocacy, policy influencing, and citizen empowerment. The Center harnesses the power of evidence-based research, ideas, and partnerships to inform and stimulate dialogue and influence public policy.
- Job Location: Accra
- Type of Contract: Fixed Term
- Post Level: Mid-level
- Languages Required: English
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration of Initial Contract: Two (2) years (with the possibility of extension based on performance)
The Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist will be part of the Center’s M&E team responsible for the Center’s overall strategic performance and learning culture through effective utilization of M&E information across its programs and projects. Under the general guidance of the Director of Research and Monitoring and Evaluation, and working closely with Program Managers and team leaders, the M&E Officer will be responsible for monitoring and evaluating the program and research outputs of CDD- Ghana and for ensuring that the strategic vision of the Center’s projects is maintained and that its activities result in the achievement of all intended outcomes in a cost-effective and timely manner.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Reports to: Director of Research, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Works with: Program Coordinator[s], Team Leaders of CDD-Ghana thematic program and operations clusters, Senior M&E Specialist, Information and Technology Lead, and Communications Team Lead.
- Collaborate closely with Program Coordinator[s] and Team Leaders of program clusters to ensure effective and timely reporting of M&E information; ensuring all MEL records are up-to-date before the end of the reporting period to enable correct and timely narrative reports;
- Develop/adopt an integrated database of all program/projects and ensure accountability through regular data updates, and data integrity;
- Track the performance of the project activities and outputs against expected results and adjust implementation processes to ensure projects are progressing towards the intended outcomes;
- Develop M&E plans for all projects and proposals and ensure the same is followed up during implementation;
- Ensure all projects/programs have updated work plans and performance management plans (PMPs) in tandem with all approved proposals, regularly reviewing and updating them as needed;
- Provide alerts to the respective Team Leaders on corrective actions required to avoid delays in the implementation of projects activities, including flagging operational issues and risks requiring timely actions;
- Ensure that cross-cutting issues of inclusivity such as SDGs, gender, age, and disability are effectively addressed/mainstreamed in all project implementation;
- Develop and improve knowledge sharing and learning mechanisms for the organization;
- Analyze the impact of projects and promote learning by documentation of best practices. Use this information to support decision-making processes;
- Track program progress, projects’ expenditure against approved budgets, anticipate any deviations and recommend and act on relevant and required adjustments;
- Monitor all project activities, expenditures, and progress towards achieving value for money
- Monitor the sustainability of project results for securing multi-year grants;
- Suggest strategies for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the projects/programs by identifying bottlenecks in completing activities and developing plans to minimize or eliminate such bottlenecks;
- Report monthly, quarterly, half-yearly, and annual progress on all project activities to the Program Coordinator[s];
- Provide inputs, information, and statistics for quarterly, annual, and other reports to the Program’s Coordinator;
- Assist the Program Coordinator[s] in preparing relevant reports;
- Ensure accurate quality narrative and financial reports are submitted promptly and by donor requirements;
- Assist project personnel with M&E tools as well as support them in their use
- Perform other duties as required;
Required Skills or Experience
- Integrity by modeling CDD-Ghana’s values and ethical standards;
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of CDD-Ghana
- Displays cultural, gender, religion and age sensitivity and adaptability
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Organizes and accurately completes multiple tasks by establishing priorities while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions, deadlines, available resources, and multiple reporting relationships;
- Extensive knowledge in Results-Based Management (RBM);
- In-depth knowledge in web-based M&E systems;
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral): Sensitivity to and responsiveness to all partners, respectful and helpful relations with donors and project staff
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Demonstrates strong oral, written, and presentation skills
Required skills and Experience
A good Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in statistics, economics, public policy, mathematics or related field.
- At least five (5) years’ experience in the design and implementation of Results-Based Management for development projects implemented by national/international and local NGOs/donors/funding agencies;
- Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis, and production of reports;
- Demonstrated experience of statistical packages and data analysis software (e.g., SPSS, Excel Strata) and advanced computer skills (word processing, spreadsheets, and databases are a must);
- Strong training & facilitation skills.
Fluency in written and spoken English« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.