Superintendent: Civil Engineering - Cardinal Namdini Mining LimitedEngineering Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Bolgatanga 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Cardinal Namdini Mining Limited (CNML) is a subsidiary of Shandong Gold Mining Co. Ltd., which is duly listed on the Shanghai Stock Exchange (SSE) and Hong Kong Stock Exchange (HKSE). CNML is developing its’ primary asset located in the Upper East Region of Ghana with a strategic vision to build a world-leading, highly valuable and responsible world-class gold mining enterprise.
- Job Reports to: Construction Manager - Process Plant
- Directs Reports: Civil Engineer - Camp & Other Infrastructure, Draughtsman, Engineer Civils Lab
The incumbent will oversee all Civil Engineering Projects and lead a multi-disciplinary team focused on delivering safe, responsible, and effective earth work and infrastructure projects, inclusing design reviews, planning, scheduling, cost containment to maintain profitability in line with the project scope.
Primary Duties & Responsiblities
- Create short to medium-term project development plans for earthworks and infrastructure projects.
- Maintain effective communication with all stakeholders, including those in Safety, Survey,Geology,Mining and Engineering.
- Hold weekly/monthly project update reviews to keep project management executives aware of project progress, challenges, risks amd opportunities.
- Manage scope, which includes change management,assessing contractor change orders and establishing validity and legality. Consult with project cost estimators when reviewing contractor quotations.
- Ensure that risk management actions are carried out and that suitable risk responses are implemented.
- Plan, implement, and audit contractor performance monitoring tools and processes
- Work with the health and safety team to evaluate contractor health and safety performance
- Collaborate with Project Managers and Engineering teams to improve designs and answer contractor technical issues.
- Oversee contractor site operations and progress reporting by comparing results to the agreed-upon schedule and budget, as well as confirming prject costs and estimates.
- Performs any other related duties based on the exigencies of the Company as assigned by the Manager.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Required Skills or Experience
Qualifications, Experiences & Compentencies:
Minimum qualification (s)
- MSc or equivalent in Civil Engineering or relevant discipline
- Member of the Ghana Institute of Engineering (GhIE)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification (desirable)
- 10 years of Construction Management experience in the extractive, mining, manufacturing or construction industry.
- At least 5years' experience at a superintendent or senior supervisory level.
- ?Strong knowlege of Project Management
- In-depth knowledge of Project Budgeting and Change Control Reporting Principles
- Knowledge of total cost managment tools and systems
- Familiarity with codes, standards, regulations, and practices applicable to the design and construction of gold processing plant structures/production facilities
- In-depth understanding of contruction procedures and material and project management principles
- Execllent organizational and time-management skills
- Strong communication, stakeholder engagement and relationship-building skills with attention to detail
- Ability to drive for results through planning, alignment and execution
- Highly proficient in Engineering Software and Microsoft Office Suits
Leadership and behavioural attributes
- Ability to train and mentor team members and demonstrate safety leadership.
- Willingness and ability to perform fieldwork in an extreme mining environment.
- Ability to influence
- Teamwork and collaborative skills
- Efficiency and Quality
- Thorough and Meticulous
- Critical thinking and analytical
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Special conditions or requirement of the job (Please list items such as overtime required, shift work required, appointments, legal requirements, etc. in this space)
- Working environment is multi-cultural and hence sensitivity is required
- Valuing diversity and inclusion practices are essential
- Extended working hours involved
- Stringent deadlines
- High volume work
- Routine/non-routibe duties
- Medically fit for the postion and environment
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.