Head of Internal Audit - Okomfo Anokye Rural Bank LimitedAccounting Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Ashanti Region 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Okomfo Anokye Rural Bank Plc has a vacant position for Head of Internal Audit.
Develop and implement an effective and adequate internal control system ensuring resources are safeguarded, records are accurate and reliable and work is done efficiently and orderly in compliance with the bank’s policies, banking regulations and internal audit standards.
The successful applicant will be part of the Executive Management Committee and report to the Board Sub- Committee on Audit and Governance.
- Ensure compliance with the provisions of the Banking Law, the Companies Act, 2019 (Act 992), as well as directives and procedures established by Bank of Ghana, ARB Apex Bank and the policies of the bank.
- Appraise, from time to time, the effectiveness of internal controls in place and propose new controls for the consideration of the Board’s Audit & Governance Sub-Committee.
- Assist management in improving the risk management process, control environment and operational efficiency across the bank, including governance and operations and create a control environment that will detect and avoid any fraud.
- Assist the Audit Committee in fulfillment of its duties and responsibilities to the Bank.
- Develop a comprehensive annual internal audit programme for the bank and perform financial, operational, and compliance audits in accordance with the internal audit programme.
- Conduct investigations on any irregularities discovered by or brought to the auditor’s attention in the Bank.
- Conduct follow-up reviews of financial, operational, or regulatory compliance deficiencies noted during audits to ensure that corrective action is taken.
- Perform any other duties as required or are consistent with the goals, objectives, and responsibilities of the internal audit department with the approval of the Audit Committee or the Chief Executive Officer.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Required Skills or Experience
- Highly analytical critical, and pays attention to details
- Proactive, innovative and dynamic problem solver
- High level of professionalism and personal integrity
- Good interpersonal, communication and report writing competencies
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Auditing or related field
- At least 5 years’ continuous post-qualification experience in Internal Audit / Compliance /Forensics and Banking Operations preferably in the banking sector with 2 years’ experience at the managerial level
- Very conversant with T24 Banking Software.
- Professional qualification in Accounting or Banking (ACCA, ACIB, ICAG, CIT, CIA,) is a pre-requisite for the position.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.