Investment Ecosystem Development Manager - Renew CapitalAdministrative/Secretarial Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
At Renew Capital, we see opportunities in Africa where others, too often, only notice the problems. We invest, rather than provide handouts, by finding promising businesses, connecting them to a global network of investors and growing them into world-class companies. We do this because we believe that many growing businesses, together, create the engine that lifts entire nations out of poverty.
Our ambition is to become the best middle market investment firm in Africa. We’re looking to hire those who embody our values and get excited about our vision for a prosperous Africa with growing businesses, thriving nations and a legacy of investment. Our organizational values are intelligence, integrity, beauty and grit.
Since establishing the Renew Capital presence in Africa in 2012, we have been pioneering an innovative blended-finance model that partners with the development community and focuses on investing in high-growth small and medium enterprises (SMEs). This blended-finance model allows us to invest in smaller deals that are often overlooked by larger investors but are too big for microfinance.
We then help these companies build disciplined, gender-smart and climate-smart management systems and teams and grow them into market leading companies. As a result of our investment work to date, Renew Capital has mobilized millions of dollars into businesses in Africa, and built a large network of investors, the Renew Capital Angels.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
We are inviting passionate and qualified candidates to apply to join our team as a Investment Ecosystem Development Manager in Ghana. In candidates, we look for professionals with a trailblazing attribute who align with our organizational values. We welcome challenges and face them head-on each and every day! What we do is not easy, but it is rewarding and forces us to grow and innovate.
As such, we hire individuals who are committed to their work, take pride in what they do and are relentless in advancing projects forward in a systematic manner. The people that flourish at Renew Capital are mission-driven; they see the big picture and the long-term result of their work, and they sincerely wish to make a lasting economic impact on the continent of Africa. If this sounds like you, we encourage you to apply.
This role will assist in establishing Renew Capital’s presence in Ghana by engaging key stakeholders, establishing Renew Capital’s brand through the engagement of development and investment ecosystem actors, and managing research and/or private sector consulting projects. This role will also conduct sourcing investment opportunities for growing our pipeline, as appropriate.
Successful candidates will have a strong background in project management, entrepreneurship and/or investment work and are comfortable operating in an extremely adaptive and fast-paced environment. Further, this role requires being emotionally intelligent, patient and an excellent communicator.
- Supporting the consulting team in the execution of private sector development projects by achieving results and meticulously delivering on all project milestones.
- Helping to develop and facilitate Renew Capital’s core gender-smart programs by training, coaching and/or supporting SMEs.
- Working with the head of project to help prepare project reports for clients that demonstrate Renew Capital’s social impact results in a compelling and beautiful manner.
- Reporting to and collaborating with Renew Capital’s management team on a regular basis to continuously improve SOPs and efficiency in delivering project results.
- Assist with in-country administrative and operational work, as needed.
- Creating fruitful relationships with startups and SMEs, development organizations, government agencies and strategic private sector partners in their assigned country office.
- Establishing Renew Capital’s brand by representing the company at various events and functions and educating stakeholders about our blended finance model.
- Hosting learning events attended by key stakeholders.
- Developing recommendations and helping establish revenue-generating initiatives in their assigned country office to ultimately result in a financially sustainable country office for the firm.
- Supporting the business intelligence team in sourcing, researching for and/or contributing to propoals for consulting work in their assigned country office.
Investment Sourcing & Management
- Sourcing potential companies in their assigned country office for Renew Capital’s investment pipeline.
- Processing new leads in Renew Capital’s client resource management system (Hubspot).
- Performing the required due diligence, including financial and investment due diligence.
- Assisting in all aspects of the transaction, including deal selection, negotiation and execution.
- Presenting opportunities to Renew Capital’s angel network and introducing entrepreneurs via members’ calls and blogs.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business administration or finance.
- 4 to 6 years experience in an investment environment.
- A unique blend of personable analytical.
- Ability to meet project deadlines and achieve or exceed required results in collaboration with teams.
- Proficiency in communicating in English.
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Participation in company retirement plan.
- Medical insurance coverage.
- Paid leave.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.