Junior Software Developer - Amplio GhanaIT Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Ghana 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Amplio Ghana is duly registered with the registrar general department and Ministry of Gender, children, and social protection to operate as a non-governmental organization in Ghana. The organization has been in existence since 2007 and previously operated under the name Literacy Bridge Ghana until 2020. We are the country office of Amplio Network in the USA and have offices in Wa and Tamale.
We are specialized in the design and delivery of social and behavior change interventions for vulnerable populations in remote and hard-to-reach communities (The last mile). Our mission is to empower the world’s most vulnerable populations through knowledge sharing. We also partner with government, non-governmental and civil society organizations to amplify the impact of their communication campaigns through the Amplio Talking Book digital solution.
To date, we have partnered with several organizations across diverse sectors (health, WASH, nutrition, education, agriculture, climate change, protection, conflict prevention, gender, etc.) to deliver high-impact social programs targeted at addressing negative behaviors and practices as well as increase adoption of recommended behaviors and practices.
Key among the partners we have worked with in Ghana includes; UNICEF, CARE, CRS, MEDA, World Cocoa Foundation, Winrock, VSO, AGRA, GHS, and MOFA. Through our social and behavior change programming, we have reached more than 1Million people in Ghana.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Reports to: Product & Quality Assurance Director
We enable knowledge sharing with the world’s hardest-to-reach communities, empowering them to improve their health, income, and quality of life. We do this by amplifying the reach of local partners through the use of our Talking Book audio devices, which serve people who are often missed due to illiteracy or living in remote areas. We support these partners with the technology, the creation of engaging audio interviews, songs, and dramas, and the analysis of user feedback recordings and usage statistics to better understand user needs.
We have worked with partners like CARE, UNICEF, and WHO to reach over one million people in Ghana, Kenya, Rwanda, and Uganda, Liberia, Ethiopia, Bangladesh, and Haiti. With believe we can grow this program to reach millions more in many more countries over the next few years.
We are seeking a highly motivated and self-starting junior developer to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a strong foundation in programming languages such as Java, C, C++, Python, SQL, and web development.
As a junior developer, you will be responsible for implementing and maintaining software solutions for our clients. You will work closely with our Product team to design, develop, and test software to meet the needs of our clients. You will also be responsible for troubleshooting and debugging issues as they arise. You will work on multiple platforms and environments: those used by our customers, our server infrastructure, including Linux, macOS, Windows, Salesforce, and Amazon AWS.
The successful candidate will have a strong desire to learn new technologies and be comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. You should be a strong problem-solver with excellent communication and teamwork skills.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Required Skills or Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 5 years of experience as a developer
- Fluency in Java, Python, SQL, and web development (with a preference for Vue).
- Experience with C and C++
- Comfort with Amazon AWS.
- Familiarity with Salesforce administration a plus.
- Ability to work productively on multiple platforms, including Linux, macOS, Windows, and cloud-based execution environments.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Eagerness to learn new technologies.
- English proficiency is required.
Hours: Full Time, 40 hours/week, salaried. Official working hours are Monday to Friday, 8.00am to 5.00pm with a one (1) hour lunch break. Notwithstanding additional hours as necessary to meet deadlines. Flexible schedule is available.
Compensation and Benefits
Depending on experience. Generous benefits package including leave time, sick time, paid national holidays, medical insurance, SSNIT contribution, retirement/education contribution matching, professional development stipend, and transport allowance (as needed).
Location and Travel
This position is based in Ghana and is “remote” within Ghana. Candidate must be available for regular early morning or late evening Internet calls with North America/Europe/Africa/Asia. Position may require occasional travel for up to 2-3 weeks at a time to remote, rural areas in low resource countries.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.