Construction & Maintenance Technician - World VisionEngineering Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Ghana 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Job Purpose To facilitate the maintenance and construction aprons, standpipes and permanent hand washing stations and other civil works such as household latrines and install hand pumps and submersible pumps in beneficiary communities and institutions and build capacity of local artisans through training and coaching.
- Supervise local artisans to construct aprons, standpipes and permanent hand washing stations and other assigned WASH facilities.
- Assess construction materials to determine its suitability for the work and determine the appropriate mix ratio.
- Facilitate the installation of hand pumps and submersible pumps and its accessories.
- Build capacity of local artisans, area mechanics and pump maintenance volunteers through training and coaching.
- Ensure that required quantities of materials such as HDPE pipes and fittings requested are utilized on the field and the remaining returned to stores
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Facilitate communication between Supervisor and beneficiary communities or institution to ensure that targets are met.
- Support in the implementation of innovative designs and technologies which will be introduced.
- Ensure implementation of Audit and Risk Assessment recommendations in WASH projects and their impact areas within operational areas.
- Facilitate and report (monthly, quarterly, semi-annually and annually) on WASH activities implemented.
- Ensure that WV vehicle and other equipment are maintained are used efficiently and effectively.
Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Educational level required: Higher National Diploma in Building Technology, Civil Engineering, Certificate in National Vocational Training Institute Level II, or any related qualification in the construction industry
- Technical Training qualifications required: Building or Civil Engineering
- Experience: Ten years’ experience in working in the Construction industry
- Skills and experience in working with local artisans such as masons, tilers and plumbers.
- Experience in community entry and mobilization and development facilitation.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrate commitment to the empowerment of the artisans in rural communities.
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new designs and use of space of art equipment to facilitate work.
- Strong communicator at all levels with interpersonal skills, ability and commitment to listen to others.
- Working knowledge of programs/projects cycle management.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with staff and key partners.
- Ability to perform basic plumbing works.
- Monitoring, reporting and proposal writing skills
- Perform other duties as required
Working Environment / Conditions
- Work environment: Field-based with frequent travels.
- Travel: 90% Domestic/international travel is required.
- Office: 5%
- On call: 5%
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.