Finance Officer: WASH-FIN 2 Project - Tetra Tech ARDFinance Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 550 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees — 27,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
The USAID-funded WASH-FIN 2 project in Ghana, implemented by Tetra Tech International Development (www.tetratech.com/intdev), is currently accepting expressions of interest for a Finance Officer. This position will be located in the main office in Accra.
The WASH-FIN 2 Ghana Finance Officer is responsible for processing all types of financial transactions including data entry, payments & banking, using the accounting package and assisting the Administration and Finance Manager (AFM) in all areas of financial accounting and financial control. The Finance Officer will report to and support the AFM with other finance-related tasks, as directed.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Manage the project's accounting and financial systems, including support in the preparation of expense projections, cash requirements and requests for funds to the parent company, managing cash flow and keeping track of expenses.
- Support with banking operations, petty cash, advances for travel expenses, cash handling, etc., ensuring that cash needs are met on time.
- Review various accounting transactions, e. g., payroll, final payments, travel claims, etc., to ensure correctness of disbursements and adherence to relevant rules, financial regulations, administrative instructions and practices.
- Ensure that disbursements/payments are correctly calculated and made in accordance with the internal rules and policies of the WASH-FIN 2 project, Tetra Tech and USAID regulations and systems.
- Record all payments and transactions in the QuickBooks System and close monthly accounts according to the guidelines and procedures of the parent company and the monthly closing schedule provided.
- Confidentially handle payroll payments, taxes, insurance, and any other payments to the local authorities for taxes and other purposes.
- Consult with and respond to the accounting team at Tetra Tech headquarters for everything related to local accounting: receipts and invoices supporting expenses, unliquidated travel advances, entries in QuickBooks, cash handling of WASH-FIN 2 offices, monthly reports, etc.
- Other tasks as assigned by the AFM.
Required Skills or Experience
- University degree in accounting, finance or similar field is required (relevant experience and another university degree may substitute for the degrees mentioned).
- Minimum five years of experience in accounting.
- Experience working with USAID projects and contractors preferred.
- Experience with QuickBooks accounting software.
- Knowledgeable of local tax and withholding laws for domestic employees as well as foreign personnel.
- Working knowledge of English, both written and spoken, required.
- High level of ethics and professional integrity required.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.